Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 07:51 PM   #1  

Default WLS chat week of Oct 6th

I'll start this one up!

Here is a hot cup of tea for Bella to help knock out that cold!!! hope you are feeling better soon!!!!

Both of my boys finally went to school today. Such a happy day for me. They were sick much of last week and making me nuts.

Same old same old around here. I started my Christmas shopping and got Jiff's present. Today I ran to rag shop since they had gift bags on sale 3 for $1.

Debkay, how are things?

Javy sure is cute.

honest, that's all I am gonna say

hope you all are doing well! Barb, how's your mom doing?

peach

Last edited by peach pit; 10-06-2003 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:02 PM   #2  

Thanks Peach!! I am going to see the doc tomorrow, my caugh is so bad right now there is a steady pain in my chest. So hopefully they'll be able to give me enough drugs to make me feel better!!
Old 10-06-2003, 08:13 PM   #3  

Bella Bella Bella!!!

You are like me, you wait until things are really bad before you go for drugs!!!! Shame on you, shame on me. Drink alot of liquids to loosen that stuff up!!! In the hospital they gave me a spirometer. It is a cheap plastic breathing machine, that you might be able to get at a drug store, but definately a medical suppy store. It really helped me the last time I got bronchitus and it was the first time I kicked it with out the antibiotics. Think about it, ok?

ok, I'm done nagging...I'll let Jiff finish!

peach
Old 10-06-2003, 10:05 PM   #4  

LOL, your great!!!

I get bronchitus on a regular basis. So I can usually kick it without the antibiotics. It kills me to have to go to the docs. And they hate to see me coming, lol. I'm allergic to Penn. so it limits what they can do for me. And I have asthma, that's why I made the appiontment, it's starting to bother that, lol.

I'll live, I promise, lol

But thanks for the nagging, it's nice to know that someone cares, lol.

(Oh, I'm waiting for Jiff, lol)
Old 10-06-2003, 11:52 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

<sigh> you KNOW what you should be doing... BOTH OF YOU!!!! harumph.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:55 AM   #6  
she who must be obeyed

just a really quick drive-by posting.....peachie KNOWS how to get me out of lurker status. Not really a lurker, my in-laws are still here. I'm enjoying their visit, they are scheduled to leave tomorrow.......be back after that.

peachie........YES, Javy is still cute!! I just know he will not be a Brave next year ..........................and that's all I'm going to say!
Old 10-07-2003, 02:00 PM   #7  

Ya know, we could always use a cute catcher here in the Mile High City. Would it absolutely kill you if he were a Rockie next year Deb? You'd have to come to Colordo to visit him and you and I could get into all kinds of trouble!

And to both Peach and Deb, I have to say - Here's hoping for a RED SOX, Cubs World Series! Bah to the Bambino curse!

Chickadee,
who's ever fickle when it comes to a Rockies-less post-season
Old 10-07-2003, 04:37 PM   #8  
Livin' La Vida Loca

Cubbies ROCK!!!

Sooner

(Javy wants to date me. I'm sure of it...)
Old 10-07-2003, 05:19 PM   #9  

Well I went to the docs today. I have a common cold that has made my asthma go crazy. They gave me a steroid (and the side affect: weight gain!!) and a puffer. So I should be better by the end of the week.

So other then that, I'm going to get lots of sleep and drink lots of water. If I don't get on much, it's just because of that.

Oh... Sice the topic is about baseball, GO YANKs, lol
Old 10-07-2003, 06:31 PM   #10  

SOONER!

I miss you and it's more than fabulous to see you!

Chickadee

p.s. Take down those damn lights!
Old 10-08-2003, 01:06 AM   #11  
Livin' La Vida Loca

I'm missing you too, Chick. I've been a mini-lurker -- not on that often but always keeping an eye out for you and Peach and Ms Spotdog when I visit.

It was so great to see you on here (still whining about baseball).

Are you going to have the WLS too?

Past my bedtime...

Sooner
(who's Christmas lights ARE down, thank you very much -- but who has decided to put them up around the first of November this year...)
Old 10-08-2003, 08:52 AM   #12  
she who must be obeyed

Sooner good to see you!! your comment about Javy wanting to date you made me laugh out loud (not cause he wants to date you, just cause it struck me as funny) Hey, you can date him, but will you share?? pretty please?

chickadee, it's okay with me if Javy becomes a Rockie, just not a dang Yankee!! The "talk" around Atlanta is, Gary Sheffield will be resigned, not sure about Andruw Jones, but they don't think the Braves will have the funds to sign all three. so MY Javy may end up elsewhere

Bella, hope you feel better soon........and EWWWWW Yankee's

the in-laws are gone, it was a wonderful visit, they are great people, good in-laws and fab grandparents. My father in law is this big teddybear. I was still in the rehab hospital after my wls and because of the complications it had been many, many weeks since I had or could talk to anyone. Hubby said, after the trache came out, "mom and dad would love to hear from you." Hubby dialed the phone and I spoke to my fil, when he finally realized it was me, he cried like a baby.......it was very touching.

off to try and catch up on a few threads.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:32 PM   #13  

That is so sweet, Debkay - I really admire men that cry!

SOONER! Where have you been, girl??? So nice to see you pop in! *sigh* now if That Girl would show up, my life would be complete.....

Kel
from the state with the new Gov-a-nator
Old 10-08-2003, 07:00 PM   #14  

Debkay : :P

And, thanks, I am feeling better. Hopefully I can get to 100% soon.

Not much else going on.

Hope everyone else is doing good,
Old 10-11-2003, 10:21 PM   #15  
Hang In There

My mom is STILL in the hospital. Today is day 11. As far as her operation went, she is doing fine, up thrunning the halls and not really very sore, BUT...she can't keep anything down. She has been throwing up so much I'm glad her toenails are glued on or they'd be comming up too. I told her she was paying me back for all the times she nursed me through surgery and all the throwing up I'd do.

No sooner had I said that than I remembered how it felt, and started thinking, Do I really want to put myself through that again? Ole Alvin wasn't really sick while he was in the hospital with his first surgery, and if he was sick with the second, the fact that he was in intensive care meant I didn't have to clean up after him.

Were any of you all sick while you were in the hospital? I still think I want to go through with it, but boy has this brought back bad memories!!!
Closed Thread