Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-30-2016, 10:46 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

A

Last edited by cyndie; 06-30-2016 at 01:41 PM.
cyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/247/150

Height: 5-4

I'm in the same boat. My insurance requires 6 monthly Dr appointments ... my 2nd one is set for the 15th of this month. At mt first appointment they ran allot of blood tests and discovered that I'm vitamin D deficient. I've had an EGD that discovered an infection in the lining of my stomach and my pysch eval is going to be on the 25th. I still have to do a sleep apnea test. I've already been doing allot of the behaviors that they want ... I quit smoking 6 years ago, I don't drink pop or juices anymore, I don't drink alcohol and I don't eat take out.

Just a waiting game so far.
drixnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:18 PM   #3  

Just got my surgery date! It's NEXT week. I'm so stoked.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #4  
I know I can,I know I can

S/C/G: 293/161/145

Height: 5.4

cyndie dont you have to have a 2 week pre surgery liquid diet first,so your liver can shrink enough???
Oh_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Oh Canada, not having surgery, but the liquid diet is interesting to know. Never heard that.

And by the way I love your national anthem, even though I am true blue to the Star Spangled Banner.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #6  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Oh Canada - The liquid diet varies from surgeon to surgeon. Some require two weeks. Some require a week. Some do 24 hours of clear liquids. Some do two weeks of low carb. Some don't require anything, but that's VERY rare. Every surgeon is different.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:28 AM   #7  
I know I can,I know I can

S/C/G: 293/161/145

Height: 5.4

our drs said they need the 2 weeks so the live shrinks enough as the liver is laying over our stomach like a pick of floppy beef liver.... the longer you you are on diabectic boost the more your liver shrinks..... i was discharged the last thursday the 18th and back in the gym...only on the tread mill 4 days post op....major different than the first time around 23 trs ago.... good luck with yours.... hugs from Canada
Oh_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:41 AM   #8  

My doctor had originally said two weeks of liquids. Apparently, with the Great Flood of 2016, staffing problems and assorted other complications he decided a week was enough when they were able to reopen the hospital and get the operating room staffed. LOL. I had the surgery (he used a robot) on August 26th. I'm down 12 lbs and not having any problems. Was able to get in the pool and do some water aerobics yesterday! I'm sure adding exercise will help it go even faster. Hugs from Louisiana