Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 05:01 PM   #1  

Default Low Energy?

I guess this is normla, but geeze louise am I tired. I have no energy, zero, zip, nadda.

Well, I am not too tired to whine, am I?

When do you get your energy back?

Good news: went to the dr and got my staples out. He said I could start eating flaky fish (I guess that is fish like dori from finding Nemo?) Just kidding! and salad...no kidding. I also have lost 13 pounds. He didn't say anything about the weight loss but stressed the fact that I have to use this time to change my eating habits. He doesn't want me to use the protein drinks as meal replacements...just as a snack between meals...that is the ONLY type of snack he wants. Plus...and this about made me weep....he wants me to eat breakfast soon after I get up in the morning.

that seemed mean to me.

THEN if I am hungry around 9:30am or so to have a protein drink.

whine over

peach
Old 08-20-2003, 05:53 PM   #2  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

PEACH,

Honey, you've just been through MAJOR SURGERY!!! Give it a little while, and it will come back...I felt so much better after getting the staples out, but it took me about a month to really get back to my ole swinging self.....

Watch out for that salad...it made me sick...don't know why, but it did...took a long time for me to be able to eat it well.

Just take care of yourself and do EXACTLY what they tell you to do and you'll be just fine...

Still thinking about you woman.....

BOB
Old 08-20-2003, 07:06 PM   #3  

whine, whine....wine? Can ya? Huh?

seriously, you haven't eaten normally for 2 weeks(when was your last pre-surgery meal?) And, you were in bed for a bit. Bound to weaken you.

have some fish, Flaky. I mean, flaky fish, Peach.

love, dottie
Old 08-20-2003, 08:15 PM   #4  

Gosh Peach, Sorry to hear that you are tired. Use it to take a nice nap. I am looking foward to being tired and taking naps with the grandkids.or catching up on my reading. As for the fish hope that you like it. Orange rouphy is pretty mild. As for the salad that seams a little harsh. But I will let you know how my progression is in one week. Went to he Dr today and all is a go for next friday. My Dr also is not to crazy about the protien drinks as a meal. He wants me to change my eating habits. this is going to be a whole new experience. Love Marsha ;-)
Old 08-20-2003, 09:57 PM   #5  

I'm sorry to hear that you're so tired, but like the others said, I would imagine that it's pretty normal at this point. I thought that it was a good point to consider when was the last time that you had a "real" meal, plus the fact that your body is going through some pretty major recovery right now.

But it sounds like you r body is doing what your doc want's it to, if he's letting you start eating more. But if I have to eat fish, I may just reconsider this whole WLS thing... I hate fish! LOL
Old 08-20-2003, 10:44 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Wow Peach............13lbs!! I think your entitled to be tired.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:48 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

hodegard... hmmm. fish is a staple for wls folks, especially at the beginning. it packs a huge amount of protein into a low fat, easily digested flaky,soft package. very easy on the tummy.

flounder, cod, scrod, haddock are all good. the more muscle fish like swordfish is better left for a few weeks. and crab, shrimp and lobster are for a couple of months out. salmon is kind of borderlinen between flounder and swordfish. some folks can eat it early and others can't

and there's always canned tuna!

peachie. as for the salad.. remember the days when i removed any and all tough parts from the lettuce and be warned!!!! and small amounts of shredded carrot or zucchini work great. watch out for tomato skins!
Old 08-21-2003, 07:27 AM   #8  
she who must be obeyed

I need a hold the nose smiley!! FISH I wish I liked fish, but I can't stand the stuff. I do eat tuna, but only albacore tuna........yes, I'm a tuna snob Now I will eat shrimp, but I won't even eat lobster.

peachie, this being tired will pass, your body has been through some major stuff, it will get better. I like the fact that your doc says not to use the protein drinks as a meal replacement. My opinion, for what it's worth, as a supplement it's great, but don't depend on it to get all your protein from.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:04 AM   #9  

Keep on posting. I am learning so much. Thank god I like tuna and flakey non fishey tasting white fish. Love Marsha

Peachie....how is the energy level this morning...
Old 08-21-2003, 11:15 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Peachie S-L-O-W DOWN !!!
After having Grace it took me and this is no lie 2 months to feel normal again and eat normal (okay so I was never really NORMAL). Yes I had a C section.

Don't get all kinds of depressed on yourself, its NOT a good thing girl, just one day at a time.

Do what the doctor says to do or I'll kick your rump.

13 LBS WOAH !! GOOD GIRL !!!!

Hugs and kisses, you can do this, your in good company

Love Yah !
Old 08-21-2003, 08:30 PM   #11  
Senior Chicky

Thumbs down 13 POUNDS !!!!

You go girl!!!!

It's just so nice to hear that you are home and doing great!

J
Old 08-24-2003, 08:39 AM   #12  

Thanks chicks!

I have been very tired lately. I have been trying to not drink the protein drinks and get all my protein from food but it is not working because I can't eat that much,(well duh!) so I am going to hit the protein drinks a bit harder today and see what happens.

Have not had any fish or salad yet.

I must say that this weight loss surgery is a curious thing. I feel like a big giant helium balloon with a pin prick in it. I am melting. I said to dh yesterday (after my second nap), "would you rather have a thin wife with no energy or a fluffy wife with lots of energy?"

he said, "there must be a happy medium!"

off to find the medium!

peach
Old 08-24-2003, 04:52 PM   #13  

A "fluffy" wife!! I love it!!
Old 08-24-2003, 09:37 PM   #14  
Old Cackler

pssssst. peachie looks FABULOUS!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 08:39 AM   #15  

Jiff, that is sweet of you to say, especially since I was still in my rag tag jammies sans make up and hair!

signed
fluffy
Closed Thread