Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Question ???

Hey, its so quiet in here.. how is everyone doing?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:32 AM   #2  

I am new to the forum, and cannot be on too much due to work and busy home life, however when I do get on, there are easily 5 pages of threads with new posts. This is the second thread where I see that it became quiet on the forum, I can only imagine what it was like before!
Becs08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:13 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm hanging in. Hubs is a youth pastor and this kicks off our BUSY summer season so I'm in and out. Reading but not responding much.

I'm comfortably in a size 16 these days (down from a 24) and am still dreading swimsuit shopping for youth camp this year. I hate shopping for swimsuits, but I thought it would get easier the smaller I got. Things are just wobblier. LOL! Meh, whatever. Who am I trying to impress, right?

I hope you are all well and staying on the path!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:02 PM   #4  

I'm impatiently waiting for my surgery. It's June 23rd and since it's already been a long time coming now that it's scheduled it feels like forever. Except while I'm at work and trying to get things ready to be gone, then I don't think I have enough time.
kjnrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:05 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Bec glad you're here with us. It can get crazy busy in here some times and depending on the time of the year it slows down. Its summer (almost) folks wanna be outside which IS a good thing

Gale a 16 is where I'd love to be... I'm happy you are comfortable
I don't know any woman who is happy buying swimsuits, but they now have the ones that look like biker shorts and tank top.. thats the kind I would wear if I could.

Kjn, omg that date is right around the corner, don't blame you for being impatient. I'm excited for you.

Well I got a fill the other day and I keep forgetting (because I had none for 8 months) to take tiny bites.. I'm learning fast tho lol. NOW I have to learn to love exercise.. why is it a chore to me? lol
Old 06-06-2015, 08:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post

Well I got a fill the other day and I keep forgetting (because I had none for 8 months) to take tiny bites.. I'm learning fast tho lol. NOW I have to learn to love exercise.. why is it a chore to me? lol

Hi, I am not a bariatric surgery patient but I like to read here for information because my friend's daughter recently had surgery. I'm curious...what does this mean, you got a fill?

You may never learn to love exercise. Very few people do, but instead they love what it does for their body. I hate to think about it and have to really push myself to do it, but once I get going I'm ok and want to go longer. Tell yourself that you will do 15 minutes of exercise every day. Once you get going, you may want to do more, and will be surprised how good it makes you feel, afterwards. I tends to raise your endorphins and gives you a real sense of well-being.

Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:45 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Carol Sue, so nice to meet you.

A fill for the lapband is when they inject liquid into the port of your band and it makes it tighter so you eat less... it squeezes the upper part of your tummy / lower esophagus. You are so right, exercise, after its over makes you feel good, its just getting to that point that I can't stand LOL uuugh.

Tell us more about you???

Leenie