Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 289/264/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Exercise and lap band

I am considering lap band surgery but one of the things holding me back is that I'm guessing I will have to scale back my exercise routine, at least for a short period of time. My weight has ranged from 160-294, I'm currently 210 and currently do CrossFit 5-6 days/week. Was anyone else an avid exerciser before surgery who can let me know how long they had to take it easy afterward? I'm really worried b/c last year I had carpal/cubital tunnel surgery and had to restrict my exercising for about 6 weeks and that was the beginning of a significant weight gain (I was about 180 at that time).
brseay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:13 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

That will depend on your physician. My doctor said 6-8 weeks I could start exercising but you would have to start off slow (with any WL surgery). They really stress focusing on healing inside first. I wouldn't worry about weight gain after bariatric surgery you won't be eating many calories.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:01 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Don't forget, there is no limit on walking, so you can walk as your exercise.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote