Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default T-day is coming!!!

What are your plans? Anyone cooking? going to someone's house? For those of you with recent surgeries, how are you planning to handle the annual food binge?

and for those of us who are much farther out, any planned splurges? other strategies?

I'm going to a friend's house armed with green beans with a warm bacon dressing and a cranberry-apple tart. My goal: to keep food down [but that's because I still have the stricture from the ulcer - it's getting better, but there's still a long way to go!].

Not sure I'll get down any turkey, but with enough gravy, I'll try to get the protein in.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:44 PM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Going to My Moms
She's supplying the Turkey gravy stuffing and mashed potatoes
I'm on Rutabega and a broc gratin
My strategy to make my own plate
Dark meat on the turkey and small portions so I can taste everything and leaving food on my plate so I'm not a stuffed bird
I'm avoiding apps and bread
For the time we're there I'm prepping some Kierie friendly food and bringing protein shake mix
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #3  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

I am cooking for a charity in the am and visiting with my sister in law in the afternoon. Making a gluten free chocolate cake to take along to share at the charity event.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote