3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Surgery

Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Telling the family

Old 08-07-2014, 10:04 PM   #1

S/C/G: 407/392/175

Height: 5'5

Default Telling the family

So, my aunt is up from North Carolina this week. Tonight, all of my aunts & uncles got together, and I stopped by with my Mom for a visit. I decided to tell them about the surgery, and they were so much more supportive than I thought they'd be.

Every single one of them told me how excited and proud of me they were. They've seen me struggle with my weight since elementary school, but I was still apprehensive about telling them. I felt so much support and love, it really got me even MORE excited about the surgery!

kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
Old Cackler

oh Kayley - that's WONDERFUL news!!!!! now, be sure to keep them in the loop about what to expect. The better prepared they are for changes, the better off you ALL will be.

And remind them - you will have a difficult first 3 months. you'll likely have a 6-18 month period in which you'll have the best chance for losing weight, and it's really important that you stay focused to make the most of it.

and then afterwards, while you can't ever relax [because EVERYONE who succeeds in weight control has to follow some rules or other], you will be able to have small amounts of EVERYTHING, and that includes a little birthday cake, a little chocolate, a few fries.

you will NOT be suffering [well, at least not after the first few months!]

congratulations!!!!

start: 506 [Sept 2001]
weight at gastric bypass [Jan 29, 2002]: 409
current weight: 225
weight for plastic surgery: 200
final goal: 180

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not medical advice. See your physician before taking advice found on the internet.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:04 AM   #3

S/C/G: 407/392/175

Height: 5'5

After I told them, I learned that they have a couple of friends that have had the surgery, so they were telling me stories about the changes that they saw in those friends. I had no idea!

My aunt who usually hosts holiday meals was like, "are you still coming to Thanksgiving? We'll have to make sure we're ready for you!"

It's far too early (4am) to be up on a day off, but I'm heading 90 mins south of here for my pre-op testing....kidneys, xrays, blood panels, pulmonary function test, etc.

kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.