Sleeve Gastrectomy

• [SIZE="7"]Hi everyone. I'm new here. Thought I'd stop by for a little inspirational chat to give to you. I almost weighed 500 lbs. Now just a few months later, I'm down to almost 400! After surgery I lost 33 pounds in the first 2 weeks!!! It's really amazing. LIfe's been a journey for me but I'm making it and learning new things everyday. I don't have to worry anymore. I joined a support group. I'm doing ok. ANd I know everything will work out. Please feel free to reply. Thanks, Jennifer[/SIZE]
  • well congratulations! nice to see you!!!! no matter which surgery a person has, it's ALWAYS an adventure... how did you choose your surgeon? and what hoops did you have to jump through? some people have to lose weight before, others don't. I weighed more than 500 pounds at my highest, and the table has a max capacity of 500 [and that includes all the equipment].

are there any food items you've had trouble with since your surgery? how did you handle it?

so glad you found our little corner...
  • Welcome, sweetjen. Congrats on your loss so far. I had the sleeve surgery in January, and it's the best thing I've ever done for myself! I'm wishing you continued success, and I hope you keep posting in this forum.
  • hi I just had a sleeve done on Tuesday, so its great to hear some encouragement and positive reports from others
  • Congratulations on your amazing loss. I was sleeved on May 26th and today am down 22 pounds.

I'm struggling through my journey, but have no regrets
  • I was sleeved February 28. Like Jane said, it was the best thing I have done for myself. It's not always easy-- but worth it!!!! Most of the time your mind wants to play w you.... But once you plant your feet you make it much easier!!!!

Good luck to you all!!

Tammy