I'm back!! and on the sleeved side

• Hey all!! Hey Jiffy!!

Its been a long while since I posted. In fact..last time I posted I was just starting to go through the process of getting ready to go to mexico to get sleeved. Well....good news!! I am officially sleeved and I am alive. I suffered no complications and had a great time in mexico..Tue surgeon I had was awesome. I met some great people. On November 11th I will be officially two months post op and I have already lost 55 pounds! I've gone from a 4x in my shirts down to a 2x and my pants used to be 24w and now I fit a size 18w..my boohs have gone from a size 48D down to a 40 B!!! Can you believe it?????

Anyway I just wanted to say ello!!! I love my new sleeve!! Feels so good to finally be losing weight and doing it without yo yo dieting. I am free to live!
  • It's good to hear from you, Porthardygirl, and I'm so glad it all went well! I've been thinking of you and wondering how things were going. So happy for you that it's a big success. Congratulations!
  • back and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Funny, but I wondered about you and did a search this morning and found you'd not posted for a long time!
  • all i can say is - it's about time!!!! ya gotta keep us posted, darlin!

soooo glad that you're doing so well. congratulations! and there are a few people around here who are contemplating the sleeve who i'm sure will have lots of Qs.

So happy for you that everything's going so well
  • Thanks everyone!!

Its amazing how having the sleeve surgery helped me. For the first time in my life I don't feel like I'm battling unnecessary hunger. I feels good to be able to eat 3-4 ounces and call. It done and not have to think about food again until a couple hours later!! I recognize that we will only get out of our new tummy what we put into it. I am so happy and amazed that I no longer crave sweets and junk food..Its awesome to crave real food and things like spinach. I have never had that before till now. I can only hope that others would find what works for them as I have found what works for me, surgery or no surgery!

Thanks for the well wishes and thoughts
  • Thank you for sharing this experience. My sixth and last interim-doctor visit is Dec. 3, and then my paperwork will be sent in for approval. If all goes well with that, I know I'll have a lot if questions for you. Congrats on your success so far! I can barely wait to be sitting in the losers' bench with you, lol.