3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Had wls aug 6th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/286266-had-wls-aug-6th.html)

SnowAngel72 08-14-2013 04:27 PM

Had wls aug 6th

I had to be up at 1:30am cst to leave our house by 2am cst. I had to be at the hospital by 5am est. First surgery of the day. I was so tired cause I couldn't sleep the night before. I went into surgery and came out just fine but I wasn't really coherent till about 7/8 that night. I think it was from being put under and not getting enough sleep the night before. I did get up and walked a few times, usually when they came and did vitals or gave me meds. I was allowed to come home the next day. Haven't gotten online till now because my one of six incisions really hurts. Its a wider cut through muscle which I had been warned about before hand. Hurts to walk but I try. I can not wait to get these staples out. Makes it hard to sleep.

The only things bothering me is the bland full/blended liquid diet right now and burping. Burping hurts a little. I know I will eventually be able to eat again. Its just making it that point that is getting me through this diet right now. Most of the foods listed are not anything I like to eat to begin with. I can not wait for soft foods next week.

I am struggling with fluid intake. I take in more each day. 64 ounces is a little intimidating at first after surgery.

Other than that I am doing better than I expected each day. :carrot:

jiffypop 08-14-2013 05:17 PM

THERE you are!! glad to see you're home safe and sound! will try to post more later - but in the meantime, try not to think of it as '64 ounces' to drink. think of it as a sip every few minutes. makes it easier and less overwhelming.

so happy you're home!

activeadventurer 08-17-2013 10:08 PM

Best wishes. I had my surgery a few days after you and had the same 2:00 am routine. Hope you catch up on your sleep soon. Dee

Miss fortune 08-19-2013 12:43 AM

Good Luck to you! Sounds like you are doing well!

SnowAngel72 09-16-2013 06:10 PM

Thank you. :)

I am doing well. Feel great. I lost 3 inches on my waist and 1 inch on my hips since surgery. I can fit into the next pants size but when I put my shirts on I look pregnant with that muffin top so to me I have not officially gone down another size yet. I will wait to lose another 5 or 10 lbs and see how I look then.

I am off two meds!!!!!!!! My cholesterol is great and my blood pressure has improved. I was told to take the rest of the bottle since there was not many pills left of the bp med. So technically off three meds if I include the water pill blood pressure med that I had to stop at surgery. I will still have to take my thyroid med and my flonase but I am fine with that.

food wise I am at a loss sometimes on what to eat at this stage. I have been experimenting with my foods list I got from the nutritionist and putting some things together like pretzel and cheese. I want to try thin crispy crust with cheese and a meat when my family has pizza night. but not real sure about that one. the crust is like a cracker but thinner.

I go on wednesday for a follow up appt.

I do have a question does drinking get easier or will I always have to sip small sips?

jiffypop 09-17-2013 12:30 AM

i gotta go to bed - but needed to leave you with this one thought: be really careful with carbs at this stage. they may be tempting, but they can cause problems [like getting stuck, preventing you from getting in your protein, and so on].

so, the idea of a crisp crust sounds like a good idea - BE CAREFUL!