Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 08:12 PM   #16  
Old Cackler

chickadee.... here's a question for kaiser ... what are they doing with all the people who were approved before the reorganization? have they been completely stopped/delayed??? under what conditions would they allow someone to be approved during this reorganization?

it's unconscionable that they'd hold up so many people for so many weeks while they had their internal debate. there MUST be a window in there somewhere!!!

NOW. could i babble about the french chef?????

mom and her 95 year old friend and i walked into his restaurant, and there was no one there! His lovely daughter waited on us, and he sat with us between visits to the kitchen. and one of the first things he said [and repeated several times during the evening] was that he'd been divorced for more than 20 years and was not involved with anyone.

since then, mom and i [with or without her friend] have been back there,. and i've even gone there alone a couple of times. i brought him some rhubarb, and he made mom a rhubarb pie.

when i've been there alone, he's sat and talked with me, with his entire body facing me [body language alert!!!!]. he has asked me questions, and listened to the answers. kisses on the cheek. hugs. even that hug that ran down my entire back!

now ladies. and lurkers. this is the first man in about 20 years that i've actually been interested in!!!! AND i'm too scared to do anything about it!!! in fact, i have NO CLUE what to do!!!!

so, next week, some friends are coming to dinner there, and others in july. to scope him out and to have a good dinner [is it significant that i haven't tossed a single meal that i've had there????]

he's taller than i am, even when i wear heels. he's been in this country for about 30 years. he owns the restaurant and the land, and a farm in an expensive community in western nj. two of his three children work with him, and he's planning to open another restaurant that his daughter will run.

he's recently had hernia surgery, so he's a bit under the weather at the moment. i made an extremely bold move and suggested that, when he feels up to it, we take his dog and my dog and go hiking and pick wild blueberries. his response: we'll have to be careful. if we fall and get a boo-boo, who will kiss it and make it better. my answer: we won't have to worry. the dogs will take care of it.

oh, there's more. but i don't want to bore you all... what'll i do??? WHAT SHOULD I DO???? maybe i should just walk away from this?? but he seems like such a warm, nurturing soul..
Old 06-19-2003, 05:52 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tell the "more", Jiff. This is very exciting. He sounds like a winner. Don't even think of just walking away.

When are the NJ blueberries ripe? I'll sneak down and scope him out. (He isn't named Raoul perchance, is he? He has been missing since Peachie had him last. Hmmmm.)
Old 06-19-2003, 06:54 AM   #18  
she who must be obeyed

I want the "more" too Jiff!! My heart was going a-flutter while I was reading about you and your Chef.

WALK AWAY...............NO!!!!!!

If he doesn't soon make a move........what have you got to lose by being bold and suggesting an evening out together.

Oh Jiff, I'm excited for you!

This morning I will spend the morning getting daughter ready for her Senior portraits. I need hairspray.......must plaster that hair in humid GA.

Hazel and I checked out Curves yesterday. I think we are going to join in July, after I get back from VA. We do plenty of walking, but I think we need the resistance workout too. I wasn't totally impressed with the lady who runs it..........she spots two fat chicks (us) and starts talking about this wonderful 6-week diet class that is taught at another location.

I'm off to do a seperate whine post.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:27 AM   #19  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Wow, there is lots happening over here, I havent lurked in over a week....

Peachie Congratulations on your surgery date!!! Im so happy for you!

Jiff.......20yrs eh? Walk away? No I dont think so! Thats about all the advice I can give. Im one of those people when a man flirts with me, its usually 2 or 3 days later I realized "Hey that guy hit on me?!?!?!" Mind you hubby spots it immediately and promptly informs me that I was hit on

Enjoy it Jiff, and see what happens. This could be the beginning of something wonderful. Maybe one of your friends might suggest to "chef" that he take you out for coffee....or something. Or even your mother might mention it, you know mothers are known for meddling

Robin
Old 06-19-2003, 09:39 AM   #20  
CatGal

I also want more Jiff! You got my heart beating in the morning which is NOT an easy thing to do!

I say stick with it! Keep going, keep suggesting, get him out for a walk and a talk!

This is all so very exciting!
Gina
Old 06-19-2003, 09:42 AM   #21  

Thanks Robin!!!! I think mom may be more interested in desert!!! BUT I would be MORE than happy to meddle!

Jiff, are you having URGES???????? Please let me know ASAP so I can go to the library and pick up that book about the bunnies and safe reproduction!!! The kidlets want to know if he can make pizza and put together a peanut butter (no jelly) sandwich. They don't want fancy french bread...wonder only. I personally am more interested in getting his credit card status, financial status and his health records.

Does he make freedom fries?
Does he freedom kiss?
Are you considering sharing a bathroom with this man?

Your brother will most likely be here in July. Bring him over to meet the family.

oh boy.
your eye is twitching.

The big kid is out of school and this is the little guy's last day (until his summer program). Mom, the big kid and I will pick him up early at his end of year barb b que. Then the REAL fun begins. Waiting for the psyche doc to call re the little kids meds and wacky behavior. Could someone tell me why he has to touch EVERY door with his elbow before he passes it?

Can't wait till the french chef meets the little kid.

have a good one!
peach
Old 06-19-2003, 09:57 AM   #22  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Lurking again...

PP Congrats! it has been a long wait....I hope the Doc adjusts little kids meds

Jiff WOW how exciting!!!I think you should invite him homke for a meal YOU cook for him, what a nice trat that would be...send MOM to Peachies and see how it goes. An after dinner stroll with the doggies and who knows!

This has to be your choice, if you have too many people check him out you will never have made the choice yourself. Isn't amazing you can make choices all day long and feel confident about it, but for personal issues we fall apart?

You have lots of chicks in the hen house who have great advice and are so proud of you...Have fun!
-L
Old 06-19-2003, 01:48 PM   #23  

CONGRATS ON YOUR APPROVAL PEACHIE!!!!!

Jiffy: 20 years? Ahh...my dear, life is too short; enjoy the admiration and what it has to offer. I think you not tossing the food at that particular restaurant and the handsome chef facing you the entire time seem like good omens to me! Go for it!
Old 06-19-2003, 03:17 PM   #24  

That was exactly what I needed Peach! And win they did - rain, wind and all. Can I have a few more wins please?

The Rockies played ball in the rain,
We sat through it - yes we're insane.
As we soaked to the bone,
I started to moan,
And spouted off words quite profane!

Yeah, that was a really bad one. No, I'm not sorry!

Jif - Walk away? I think not. This fella sounds interested. Just make sure that if you invite him over for a little bite (food, not you - or then again ) you don't feed him your favorite protein drink in a fancy glass! Keep sharing details with us. Also, good questions for Kaiser. I think I'll just find out the answers to those the next time I bug them.

Chickadee
Old 06-19-2003, 09:41 PM   #25  

Jiff, I'd say, try the boullibaise.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:51 PM   #26  
Old Cackler

<SIGH> thank you all!!! even peachie... ok. i won't run, but i also won't cook.

and lorie... i've dated other men over the past 20 years, but they never actually interested me. this one is very very different. and that's probably a good thing.

and i'm glad things are going so well with brian. but i have to admit it's a little strange seeing his face as your avatar, instead of your own lovely one,. i'll get used to it. but he'd better not be mean to you!!!!!
Old 06-20-2003, 05:17 AM   #27  
she who must be obeyed

Good early, early Friday morning!

Jiff I'm looking forward to the next chapter in your romance.

I just feel the need to share.........since Hazel and I started walking, sometime during the first part of May. I have lost 20 pounds.......now mind you some of that was a little bit of a regain from letting bad eating habits creep slowly back into my life.

I haven't been this "light" since I became pg with my first son, and he's 22!

Hazel and I are walking today and walking late with our two fellas. We are walking late cause we have been window shopping and want to be there when the stores open to browse.

have a great day.......off for more coffee. I think I will need gallons today.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:59 AM   #28  
Old Cackler

deb... you are my IDOL!!!! earrings and all!!!!

BUT if you and hazel turn your walking into more serious shopping, will that actually burn off the same number of calories? i guess if you walked REALLY FAST from one store to another that it would count as intervals...

still nursing this cold. just as well. since i don't want to go to work anyway and really really need a break from THEM.

today? hmmmmm. will be quiet. but i do want to go over to the hahnes outlet and pick up a t shirt for a friend. and maybe lunch at a french restaurant????
Old 06-20-2003, 09:42 AM   #29  
CatGal

Personally, shopping gets my heart going! I love it! Finding that just right thing gives me a rush! It is fine excercise!

Do you think I have a problem???
Gina
Old 06-20-2003, 11:53 AM   #30  
she who must be obeyed

Jiff......lunch at a french restraunt.......we will be waiting for the update.

Gina......I don't see a problem.....shopping is a great exercise.

The only thing I purchased was a little angel/kittie key chain for my daughter. We were looking at the bathing suits in Dillards (a somewhat pricey store) VERY NICE!! A good sale, but still a little more than I want to pay. But it is so fun to look at something and think, that would fit me, and I like it. Instead of, it's my size, I don't like it, but it's the only thing that fits.
Closed Thread