Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 309/194/145

Default Getting all the tests and labwork done

Friday I saw the psych for that eval. I was cleared by her for surgery. Yesterday I did the Stress Echocardiogram on the treadmill......Holy wow I thought I wasn't going to make it. I thought it would start out flat. umm no inclined for 3 minutes and then a steeper incline for another 3 minutes and then another incline which is where I asked if I was going to fall off. Each time it inclined it got faster. Hiking on saturday did not help with my muscles with this test. They wanted me to at least hit 7 minutes total but I just couldn't. I was breathing super heavy by this time. Thank heavens for doing zumba the past few months. I managed to make it to 6:34. Which thankfully was enough for the cardio doc. He watched the echocardiogram after I hopped off the treadmill and said everything is looking just fine and that I will be cleared by him for surgery and good luck.

Now I just have labwork to do which I kept putting off last week because I am afraid of needles. Those don't take long at the local hospital. Usually the results are ready fairly quickly. Friday I have the scope/biopsy and then I will be done hopefully with all the tests.

Then I can schedule review day and see the dietician again.
SnowAngel72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

it's all coming together for you. how nervous are you? do you feel ready for this?
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #3  

After hiking on saturday with the kids up the side of a waterfall I decided that I am truly ready for the surgery.

I am nervous. I would say on a scale of 1-10 about a 6, maybe 7. But I don't know how much of those nerves are from knowing I have to have an IV and be in the hospital for 2-3 days and how much is from a few of the serious complications stuck in my thoughts.

(I am scared of needles and hate hospital stays and last time I had surgery it took 5 times to get an IV in.)
Old 07-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #4  

I got a letter from insurance that I am allowed to see the wls doctor. good to know after the fact I am already seeing them.

My next appt is review day to see if there is anything else I have to do before surgery. Yay. Wednesday July 10th. Hopefully I can then schedule the day before surgery appt and surgery.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

congrats! you're moving along here ...
Old 07-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #6  

I have an appt on Thursday the 25th and Surgery is now scheduled!!! August 6th pending insurance approval.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #7  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

So is tomorrow the big day then?
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #8  
Old Cackler

is it happening?
Old 08-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #9  
Releasing the inner hiker

Please check in when you get back home. We're thinking of you!
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote