Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #1  
Moooove It

S/C/G: 255/248/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Two Weeks Out, Have Reached I reached The Stall?

I'm two weeks out and have been at 228 for 4 days. Is this the stall that I hear about?

I'd love to hear other's experiences with stalling after their initial weight loss. I can't complain about 20 lbs down in 2 weeks, but I'm starting to panic that my body just may ignore this new smaller stomach and be comfy just. like. this.

I know better. I do.
MadCowOnTheMend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #2  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Me, too. But it still feels like I'm going to be the ONLY ONE who this won't work for. Our brains are cruel. They hold onto the past and make us crazy.
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #3  
Moooove It

And I've actually gone UP 3 lbs? Eating NOTHING? I'm not drinking all of my water, really trying to but getting about 30oz/day. I'm up to 40g of protein a day.
Yesterday I "ate" the broth off of a bowl of creamy chicken noodle soup and maybe 10 pieces of soft carrots. And for dinner I had 4oz. broccolli cheese soup and about 4tbs of sort lentils. I have been MUCH more active the past few days. Should I start exercising more?

How can I GAIN 3 lbs over a week eating like this? I know I should stop looking at the scale, and I will once it's moving down again. It's just that I'm in a wedding at the end of the month and really was hoping to be down more.

How long does the stall usually last?

As a WIN, I did get into my size 16 jeans! They zipped (barely) but my belly is still too sore. I only own one pair of size 20 that are falling off and was hoping that just a few more lbs and I can be comfortable in these for a while. And I stall here, at them being just a bit too tight! Grr.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hopefully Jiffy will pop in to reassure you but were those soups ones you made yourself or commercial? If canned/commercial, they tend to have a LOT of sodium. I don't know about water retention with WLS but I know water retention from eating sodium. Also, assuming you are a non post-menopausal woman, our hormones cause us to retain water during certain times of the month.

Try not to stress about it too much.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #5  
Moooove It

Homemade soups. :-) And I'm about mid-cycle.

I'm not a fan of the scale and don't mean to keep track of it like this long term. Just want to get to wear I'm headed in the right direction, down. Then I'd prefer to listen to my body, live on whole, organic foods and let the weight go.

Belly is really sore this morning. I may have just done too much yesterday, too. Dishes, laundry, mommy-ing, walking to the park with 4 crazy kids. I think I still deserve a nap for that.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 348/185/170

Height: 5.10/177cm

I havent lost any weight in my first month...and I was also thinkig am I the only one who wont lose any weight. But! Yes there is a but...the weiht has started to go down and I am at my 6 month now...and still losing. Dont worry. Ignore your mind and your body for that matter. It is just stubborn and is still waiting for you to give in. This time you are the winner not your stomach
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

I'll have to post when i get home. i'm too tired right now. but at least, here's a hug,
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #8  
Releasing the inner hiker

Stay off the scale!

I know it is hard, but your body is trying to adjust to a severe change and weird things happen. If seeing these fluctuations are causing you stress, I truly think you should put that dang scale in the trunk of your car for a few days. No worries, you will lose weight.

My weight loss was not linear...2-4lb drops and then no change for days/weeks, then another sudden drop. I found the process fascinating so weighing daily did not cause me stress. However for many, not seeing the daily drops causes a great deal of frustration. After all, you made a surgical choice to lose weight and are barely eating, so why shouldn't you always see weight loss. But the body is a complex system and doesn't always respond the way we think it should.

By the way, I've heard these stalls come about three weeks, three months, six months, and nine months. That definitely applied to me.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #9  
Old Cackler

Jen's here!!!!

i can only second what she said. and remind you that you've been extremely ill - healing and getting into the swing of the surgery is gonna take more than a week or two.

my experience was different - for awhile. i won't bore you with the details, but after 6 months, my body went back to lose 10 pounds - then stop for a week or two. then another 10 pounds. during that no-loss week, my body reshaped itself. very very very weird.

but i also gotta remind you to pay attention to your protein and water. while you may be doing better than that, you're really on the low side. and it becomes especially important if you're eating carb=y soups and such
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote