Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/234/170

Height: 5'9"

Default First Meal Post-Op

Yesterday was my first day of soft foods after having my VSG surgery a month ago. I was SO excited to have a scrambled egg, but had been told by so many people that eggs made them sick after surgery. I was REALLY hoping that I was not going to be one of those people, because I LOVE eggs.

Happily, my scrambled egg went down just fine yesterday and today!

I'm just curious, what was your first "meal" after surgery, and how did it go over?
ForeverVivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 348/185/170

Height: 5.10/177cm

Have no idea lol..cant remember...but eggs haven't made me sick either.
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

i can't remember that far back EXCEPT that scrambled eggs would not stay down for nearly two years. Hard boiled eggs worked much better for me. and i remember eating them sometime in the first month after surgery. with hot sauce. it hurt because, well, thiink about rubbing hot sauce into a cut on your hand - and that's what happened inside. the poor surgeon just shook his head.

Glad you're doing so well.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #4  

lol eggs made me sick at first but now they are fine with me. I can't remember what my meal was either....I wish I did now that I'm thinking about it lol. Actually I think eggs were my first meal too! I went to eat lunch with a friend and ordered a breakfast plate (even though I knew I wouldn't eat hardly any of it) and I remember the waitress coming over asking if there was something wrong with the plate cause I hadn't eaten much lol. That has happened twice at 2 different places. That's the point that it hit me to order a la carte or off the kids menu. That way they aren't offended when I don't eat much lol.
christyk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

psst. christy - you're not responsible for making people feel better about what you eat or don't eat. having said that, after my surgery, i told the owners of a couple of restaurants i ate in regularly what was going on, so they could help me with any special requests. They were all VERY happy for me. But for those random occasional jaunts - i just smile sweetly and say 'it's delicious, but i guess my eyes are bigger than my stomach.' and end it there!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote