3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   5 Days Out From Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/278287-5-days-out-surgery.html)

MadCowOnTheMend 03-24-2013 12:39 AM

5 Days Out From Surgery

And this is NOT a cakewalk. Had some complications during surgery so I have an exterior drain until next Thursday. They took twice as long as expected and I ended up back in the ER 2 days later with double pneumonia. I have pretty wimpy lungs in general, so I suppose that's not a surprise. And I don't think it's common so nobody else freak out.

Anyway, I'm trying to stay positive. Hey, at least I'm too miserable to even consider wishing I could eat something other than clear liquids!

jiffypop 03-24-2013 09:48 AM

good heavens, honey! so glad to hear from you - with apologies for not keeping closer track of your surgery date [an epic fail from me - and i'm sorry].

are you home? still in the hospital? so glad you're on the mend!

thinkfit 03-24-2013 11:42 PM

So sorry to hear about your complications! Hope you're doing well now, be sure to keep us updated!

2Chi 03-25-2013 01:17 AM

OMG madcow!! That sounds awful, but Im glad you are feeling ok (well ok enough to update us).
Keep us updated on your recovery.

elvislover324 03-25-2013 07:30 AM

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Sorry about your complications.

MadCowOnTheMend 03-25-2013 01:36 PM

Feeling closer to human. I hated to post something that looks so negative. :-/

I took my first shower today and I think the pneumonia is gone. I get the drain out on Thursday and am looking forward to that. Every day is feeling a little bit better and I feel very positive about that. :-)

Zeitgeist 03-25-2013 05:15 PM

I'm glad you are feeling better. It is good for those considering surgery to hear about issues that can arise; it makes for a more educated populace, so don't fret about posting negative stuff.

I can not imagine having a drain. I was lucky enough to not have one.

The first three months are so hard. Hopefully this will be your only complication and things will improve from here on out.

penmage 03-25-2013 05:54 PM

I'm glad you're feeling better today!

thinkfit 03-25-2013 11:25 PM

I second the not feeling bad about sharing less than stellar news, it'd be incredibly misleading if everyone only shared good experiences! I'm happy to have people online with as much honesty as you. Hope you continue to feel better! :)

2Chi 03-26-2013 03:24 AM

Don't worry about sounding negative. We are all here to support you!
Glad you are feeling better!

Shyne 03-26-2013 06:44 PM

Goodness hun!!! Bit of a rollercoaster!

Glad you're feeling better!

MadCowOnTheMend 03-26-2013 07:19 PM

My husband heads out of town at 6am. MIL is taking the two younger kids so I will only have the older two to deal with (10 and 8). They're very self sufficient (thanks to homeschooling :-) ). I still can't stand for long. I look at people who went out shopping a few days out and can't even imagine!! I'm hoping that I will make it into the car and into the building for Mass on Easter Sunday!

Cuter w Curves 03-26-2013 08:25 PM

*gentle hugs*

A rough start but feeling a bit better each day is progress.

It gets better. Promise!

jiffypop 03-27-2013 09:16 AM

oh MadCow - it's not always easy. please don't push yourself, you're not only recovering from surgery, but also from double pneumonia. And either of these is a whammy that would lay ANYONE out for awhile. And lucky you - you're dealing with both.

The Passionists do a very nice Easter Mass on TV. Don't push yourself - I know it's important, but so's your health.

ForeverVivid 03-27-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadCowOnTheMend (Post 4683235)
My husband heads out of town at 6am. MIL is taking the two younger kids so I will only have the older two to deal with (10 and 8). They're very self sufficient (thanks to homeschooling :-) ). I still can't stand for long. I look at people who went out shopping a few days out and can't even imagine!! I'm hoping that I will make it into the car and into the building for Mass on Easter Sunday!

Lol...that was me. I spent two days in hospital and two in the hotel. On the second day in the hotel, me and my Dad went out shopping for a few hours. Don't get me wrong, it was definitely tiring, and I was sore afterwards. But I felt well enough to at least attempt it. :)

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. I was very fortunate to not have had any complications, but always feel for the people who do. What surgery did you have?