Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 04:14 PM   #1  

Talking WLS Chatter...Week of 5/19

So what is everyone up to this week?

The photo session went well; we went on location to White Oak Park, which is about half an hour from where I live. For this shoot I wore a white short sleeved white "mock neck" pullover and my black overalls, which I had gotten from the Silhouettes catalog not too long ago. Mel (the photographer) had some good ideas for poses and areas of the park for a variety of shots--and he took 38 shots of lil old me ! Hopefully, I can have the new shots online both at my website and maybe get one or two on here for all of you to see too, within the next day or so.

IT'S A SUNNY 72 DEGREES TODAY!!!

It's time for me to take yet another walk after dinner
Old 05-20-2003, 07:13 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Hi Lori, thanks for starting our chat area.....I came into 3fc's a couple of times yesterday......just didn't sit still long enough to post

Lori, are the photos for you own use or are they publicity shots? I took a quick look at your web site last week and noticed you are one busy girl!

I wanted to welcome all our new posters. Sorry I can't remember everyone's screen name......but welcome! Keep posting asking questions and share a little of your day with us.

warning whine alert.........

My walking partner is out of comission for two weeks!!! Poor Hazel has either fractured or sprained her foot. The x-ray machine was not working properly at her doc's office yesterday. he said the treatment is the same. Hazel of course has a great attitude about it.......she wants to walk anyway, but knows she cannot. I'm forced to go to the park..........all alone!!!!! Hazel........STAY OFF THE FOOT!!!!!!! How she is going to do that with two little babies I don't know.

Since starting this walking I have dropped 11 pounds My self-imposed stall has broken. I have had wonderful energy since losing weight, but since starting to walk again, my energy is endless. What a wonderful feeling!!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:54 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gee, Debkay. You are inspiring me to get off my fluffy butt and walk more. Hershey and I both need it. Gardening just doesn't do it.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:18 PM   #4  

Hope you all are having a great week. We are off Monday!
Repairman and I are planning to take the Trikes on a trial run.
It has rained everyday since we got them (of course)
I found out my PCP is leaving for who knows where and the Clinic where she works is shuttung down. Can anyone say "PANIC"
We are going to see her tomorrow and find out if this will effect my plans for surgery???? Mary Beth
Old 05-21-2003, 08:20 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Morning! Getting ready to run out the door for my walk, but wanted to say hello first.

Marybeth hope you get to use your new trike this weekend, they look like so much fun.

Ruth.....my friend says the hardest thing about walking is taking the first step, and she is so right. Once you take that first step your on your way!

What a rainy, icky few days we have had in the deep south. I even turned my heat on the other day but it is back to AC now.

Okay...........where is everyone!!!!!!! We have over 70 views but 4 posts!

Post and say hello..........OH I know what it is, peachie and chickadee are ashamed of their baseball teams. Trust me, if that doesn't get the two of them to post nothing will!!

Off to the park.................ALONE!
Old 05-21-2003, 01:01 PM   #6  

Here I am...in all my blonde cuteness

These are general portfolio photos; and I have just updated my website. I did send a new headshot along to the agencies I am with so they can update their databases.

It has been a wet, chilly May for the most part--and Memorial Day Weekend doesn't look too promising where I am either.
Old 05-21-2003, 02:38 PM   #7  

Quit yanking my chain Deb! Peachie's team may suck, but my boys are just giving the other fellas a fighting chance! Yeah, that's it - a fighting chance to keep up with us once we really get going.

I'm still waiting on Kaiser to get their collective *** (can I say that?) in gear and get this ball rolling. Patience is not one of my virtues!

My family all comes in a week from today for my son's graduation and Eagle ceremony. Guess I'd better get this place clean, huh? Anybody traveling through Colorado next week? Come help us celebrate and bring cases of Kleenex. I definitely am going to need them.

I'm still coaching softball. We've had two games so far. One was incredibly great and the other was at the opposite end of the spectrum - they sucked! I think I've got the Jekyl and Hyde of girls softball teams on my hands. Hopefully the good ones show up for this weekend's games. Not that I'm competitive or anything.

That's about it. Have a good week y'all (even if you don't have southern accents!)
Chickadee
Old 05-21-2003, 02:54 PM   #8  
she who must be obeyed

Lori that is one sassy hair-do!!!! That's a great cut for the summer.

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!! Hi Chickadee.......now where is that peachie

Chickadee graduation and Eagle cermony at the same general time, you will be one tired hostess. My poor mind can't remember, is this your first child to graduate? I did okay when the first graduated, wanted to run and hide when the second son tried to kiss the principal when accepting his diploma. NOT looking forward to next year when it's my baby girl. Any left over tissues send to Atlanta.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:38 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

can't stand this job!!! but at least i won't have to take it all that much longer!!!! we have to stay late tonight to hold the hand of the VP of design. a wonderful person, extremely talented, who caves under stress. and he's caving!!!

mom got it into her head to throw out all the food we bought over the weekend!!! not sure why. at least, my stuff, which i stash in the crisper drawers, is safe, at least so far. i put it there because she's very much 'out of sight, out of mind' and they're at the bottom of the refrig, hard for her to bend over.

the office is moving tomorrow to a location about 8 miles from home, rather than the 20 it is now. a nice thing. but not nice enough!!!!

what else? hmmm. eating hasn't been the greatest. just not interested. can you believe that statement???

and haven't been to the gym this week [please don't throw things at me!!!!]. i have the office bug and it kind of hurts to breathe. so i decided to rest and get better rather than push and push and push. with any luck, i'll be back on the bike to nowhere next week.

just wish i didn't have to work [let's see... have i hit a new record yet for complaining about my job????]

oh. and i have a chance to be in an infomercial for WLS. phone interview tomorrow. if chosen , then shooting next week or the week after. and i STILL might end up on the cutting room floor!!! but it'll be fun...

well, that's about all i can think of. have only had 64 oz water today, so i still have some catching up to do.

and artichokes taste great, but didn't stay down.

and a french chef flirted with me on sunday night, and i didn't realize it until TUESDAY!!!!!!!

and lori, your royal blondness looks "ADORABLE!!! and LOVE the haircut!!!

deb... you're the best, even for a southern belle.

chickadee... coaching? a graduation? you're a brave, overworked soul!!

ruth.. hug the girls.

and i haven't heard from peachie this week, although i did meet her new cat. a true sweetheart.

Last edited by jiffypop; 05-21-2003 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:58 PM   #10  

Arrow

GUILTY AS CHARGED !!!

ok i am one of those who come here and reads and doesn't take the time to post anything !!! So I will try and turn over a new leaf and not only read but post something.... although I have yet to have my surgery ... I suppose I can fill up space somehow !!! LOL

I have had 2 sleepless nights this week and it's only wednsday... not good ! Usually it happens once a week.... sunday night and last night. Geez. Not sure why.... My husband works second shift so we've always been on a not normal schedule. I hope when i get my sleep apena machine I can get some good sleep. I wonder how many years it has been since i truly slept good !!

This waiting on things.... to get completed for surguery is the pits !! I had the sleep test last wednsday. And ended up wearing the machine half the night. Yet. I have to wait till someone reads the study, and the doctor reviews it before i can get my machine. They said 2 weeks... or so. Well today is 1 week. I will be calling next wednsday if i don't hear anything. Then I am also waiting to hear that insurance has approved it. This should happen any day !! Even so, I have to wear the sleep machine 6 weeks before surgery... so I am thinking it will finally happen in Aug. (dr. is on vacation last 2 weeks of july).

I am doing my water therapy and it sure makes me feel good, atleast till the evening and i stiffin up pretty bad. I truly look forward to getting into that warm water and moving... just standing for longer the 5 minutes is wonderful !!

The sun is shining today, although it's not that warm out and the wind is blowing. Suppose to rain the weekend... wonderful !!! Been a strange spring here in Ohio!! But thank God ... no servere storms... or tornados !!

Jiffy... I had not heard the 6 month wait for protien bars.... thanks for that bit of info !!

Lori.... I think your blonde hair is great !!! I wish I were brave enough to do something different with my hair. Heck who knows... after i shed some pounds maybe I will do something brave.... it's a thought !

In time I hope to get to know you all. A little more info about me.. I am 42 married to Mike who is 45. Both are having surgery at the bariatrc center in groveport Ohio this fall by Dr. Choban, she is really nice and it felt right when we met with her ! We have been married 13 years and have no children...(not due to lack of trying... just never happened ). We met in the local newspaper in the personals. Met March of 89 and married oct. of 89! (and they said it wouldn't last ... lol)

Well.... I think I've filled my share of this post for today !!

Didn't mean to ramble so... see what you've created !!! lol

Have a great memorial weekend everyone !!! Stay safe !!

Till next time !!
Cindy
Old 05-21-2003, 09:17 PM   #11  

I figured it would be better for me to change my weigh in day from Sundays to Wednesdays, so I jumped on The Beast (aka the scale ) this morning:

I LOST THREE MORE POUNDS!

Considering my TOM is due shortly, that is pretty good (and for the second month in a row, I have not broken out in a thousand zits nor had nutty mood swings

See...I told you all I was going to crack down! My goal is to break 300 by the time I see the weight loss surgeon on August 25; my food has been great this week, and in addition to doing my 100 tummy crunches and butt lifts this morning, I also did my 30 minute workout this afternoon.

With the cool wet weather, I haven't been able to walk much. Maybe I better hit the mall to walk instead
Old 05-22-2003, 07:34 AM   #12  
she who must be obeyed

Good rainy, wet, dreary morning in the deep south!! Even the rain can't dampen my mood!!

Jiff so sorry the job isn't going any better But....the chance to be in a informercial I hope they select you, you are such a great success story for wls. When will you know and will it be on regular tv? I HOPE YOU GET IT!!!

And Jiff....I'm not really a southern belle, I'm more like a mid-Atlantic type of girl I just play a southern belle on 3fc's

Lori on the 3 pounds! Keep up the good work.

Hi Cindy, you and I are close to the same age.....I will be 44 in June. And you know, the waiting before surgery is the hardest, first you worry that you will be approved, than after your approved you find something else to worry about. I think we have all been there. I truly believe the wait before surgery is a necessary evil, it gives us time to really make sure this is the right thing for us.

Cindy who will go first, you or hubby??

peachie! oh, peachie.....where are you?

No walking today for me, I'm a wee bit sore, and the rain is also part of the problem. I plan to ride my exercise bike instead.......cross your fingers that I actually do it.

Off to start the day, have a good one all.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:12 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just popping in.
Lori, I love the hairstyle! I had mine that short a few years ago and just loved it. You look great.
Hugs to all especially to Jiff and Leanna. Just remeber. girlies, nothing lasts forever, even nothing.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:07 AM   #14  

Love the hair Lori! Wish I had the nerve to do it!!! Congrats on the three pounds...and I sure do wish I could lift my butt!

....and Cindy....I can fill up so much space that you would be amazed!!!! (and that is with or without surgery!) rofl...I slay me

Jiff....what is this about a commercial? come on, spill I want details....good thing is about ending up on the cutting room floor is that NOW you can get up!!!!

I should be ashamed.

and speaking of yanking Chickadee's chain. Did you know that I still have a ceramic christmas tree up in my family room? I have excuses though. two. At first it had the heat lamp for the lizard wrapped around it. The lizard died though. Then the woman who made it died and I couldn't relegate it to the basement. Now I just keep it around to dust, after all it is near the snails and it it gives me a chance to look at them.

see what I mean about taking up space, Cindy?

MaryBeth...did you see your PCP?

The new cat is wonderful. She is a pound cat. Large. Long hair, black and white. A little milk mustache, a white vest and little white paws and is as sweet as can be. A real lap cat. Dh didn't like that she wanted to sleep on his face. She likes the snails too.

Baseball does indeed suck, Debkay...at least from my side of the fence. Tell Hazel I said "hello" and to take care of that foot. I am very proud of you for going out walking by yourself and congrats on the 11 pounds.

HEY Ruth!!!! Your hair was short when I met you and I liked it that way!!!

got to scoot and take mom to run errands....maybe we'll pick up some more food, eh Jiff? I definately will be working on her social skills. Yesterday she asked some girl how she could stand that ear-ring up her nose.

life is good.

peach
Old 05-22-2003, 09:24 AM   #15  
she who must be obeyed

at the remark made by your Mom peachie to the girl with the "ring up her nose."

yes peachie........life is good!

snuggle the kitty for me

just spoke with Hazel and she should be along here in a second.
Closed Thread