3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Update (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/27672-update.html)

justprazn2 05-15-2003 10:01 AM

Update

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in a while ... things have been very hectic at my house. I am going through some difficult things.

The weightloss continues to be WONDERFUL. I have lost a total of 71 lbs ... 63 since surgery (2/7/03). I feel wonderful. I actually enjoy exercise. Mother's day weekend I actually jumped on the trampoline with my neices and nephews and then took a hike at one of our beautiful state parks. I don't mean a flat trail either! It was straight up a mountain. But I made it! I couldn't walk for the next two days without wincing in pain - But I DID it! :D

I am trying to catch up with Hazel - as our surgery was around the same time. She weighs a little less than I do. :s:

Last night I decided to be BRAVE or should I say cheat a bit. I took 1 bite of a homemade chocolate chip cookie that my MIL made for my daughter's birthday party. Well, let's just say, pain is a good deterant for next time I am feeling weak and just want a wee little bit of something. I majorly 'dumped'. That would be literal also. LOL I haven't felt that sick in weeks. I won't be doing that again.

Now for my question ... hair loss. Anything I can do about it? I am trying to increase the amount of protein I eat - but is there something else I can do now - before I am bald? :^:

Leanna

jiffypop 05-15-2003 12:18 PM

congratulations leanna!!!! and so glad you checked in...

as for the hair loss. there's basically nothing that can be done about it. you will lose some hair because of the hormonal changes and the stress of the rapid weight loss.

BUT, there are some ways to minimize it: eat at least 80 grams of protein a day, make sure you're taking your vitamins and calcium supplements.

and some folks find that nioxin shampoo helps as well.

also decreasing stress on the hair, like not washing it every day, not using clips or pony tails or braids, helps, and keeping the hair short also helps

the good news is, though, that the hair loss DOES stop, and it DOES grow back, and in fact, mine grew back thicker than before!!!

keep up the GREAT work!!!!

peach pit 05-15-2003 07:24 PM

Hey Leanna! Congrats on the weight loss and feeling well!!!! I remember when Jiff was having the hair problem. It was a bit scary but her hair has in fact grown in nicely now.

You should come out and post more often!

peach

jiffypop 05-16-2003 12:03 PM

peachie... i wasn't scared about my hair.. were you???? good heavens!!! and debbie had a much worse problem than i did.. and it's all come back!!!