If you have read any of my more recent posts, you will know I have been on the fence reguarding surgery. I have lost a large amount of weight and despite a unusually stressful holiday season I managed to maintain during December.
I had my monthly doctor's appointment yesterday. We discussed the event surrounding my husbands surgery and all the complications that followed, plus the other crap that has happened the past month. My doctor was impressed that I had maintained my weight loss (I actually lost a half a pound, but that is hardly worth counting.) Before I could even get to telling her that I was starting to have second thought about surgery she said, "I hope you understand why I am doing this. I am going to have you wait two or three months before consulting with a surgeon for your surgery date. you have too much going on right now and I don't think you have elective surgery at this time is the best decision. We will continue on with your monthly visits and when things settle back into place we will get the ball rolling again."
She also reminded to make sure I come EVERY MONTH so insurance wouldn't start the 6 month waiting period over.
At this point I still consider surgery an option. It will give me some time to see if I can continue to lose on my own. It will give me some more time to decide if the risks of surgery are worth the reward. If I am trly ready to live life in a way that my surgery will be a lasting success.
Also, at the moment my husband is no longer supportive of me having surgery. I think because of all the complications he had with his recent prostate surgery. At the moment he has the mind set that no surgery is worth what he has gone through and all surgery should be avoided at all costs. I am sure that will change when everything isn't so fresh in his mind. Athough I must say it is a darn good thing men can't have babies!