3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   New Year ... what's on your mind? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/272289-new-year-whats-your-mind.html)

jiffypop 01-01-2013 10:41 AM

New Year ... what's on your mind?

Welcome to 2013! what goals do you have for the year? I'm hoping to have a job [or at least a profitable business], and to continue in grad school, and continue with controlling my eating.

I lost a few more pounds of the regain in 2012, leaving me with only about 30 of the 80. More than halfway back!

It doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as it keeps sliding down!

Jen 01-02-2013 06:58 PM

I had my surgery in October 2011 and have lost a total of about 80 lbs from my all time highest weight. I'm not happy about that. I'm happy that I have lost weight but I know I could have done better. Could have, would have, should have. It's all in the past, I'm not dwelling on it. I have been completely out of control for a couple of months, happened last year too in the silly holiday season. This year was even worse and I gained weight back. I know how to lose weight, I need to focus on my protein and cutting back on my starchy, sugary simple carbs.

Loodie 01-03-2013 10:22 AM

SOOO -- It has been a few years since I have been active on this forum, but 2013 is a new year and a new life for me. I am now officially retired, so am so looking forward to taking care of myself for awhile. I've pretty much decided that the first 6 months are going to be a sabbatical of sorts to get back into a good eating plan that will help me loose some of the weight I regained after RNY on 3/1/06. Being on this forum helped me so much in the past that I'm coming back to what I know - both in support and eating habits.

I am also going to learn how to use my EQ7 quilting software and finish off several of the UFO's that have been lurking around my house for years (quilts, afghans, slippers, counted cross-stitch, etc.--and mending).

btw - Jiffy, it is good to see you still here & look forward to seeing who else is still around.

jiffypop 01-03-2013 10:38 AM

loodie!!! glad to see you! yes - i'm still here. not only does the forum keep me honest, but 3FC rarely fires mods [unless they're really obnoxious!].

Two thing struck me in your post - the first is that it's about the 4th one in 24 hours that mentions getting back on track. the second is the unfinished projects.

Don't know about you, but there's a definite correlation between controlling my eating and getting caught up on stuff and KEEPING UP WITH IT!

and in that 'stuff' i'm counting knitting, financial paperwork, FREELANCE, consulting, job hunting, and vacuuming.

what would you think if we started a couple of stickies - the first one will be a WEEKLY thread of food/liquid/exercise [we can all edit our own posts daily so that we can see IMMEDIATELY what we've done for the week, rather than letting the thread go on and on and on]

the second one - progress on unfinished business. doesn't matter what it is. If i've picked up the needles and done even three rows, it'll count. If i've worked on a project, it counts. If you look at your software for 5 minutes, it counts. And we'll see what everyone else comes up with.

let me know what you think - and welcome back!

Jen 01-04-2013 08:59 PM

I think that sounds like a great idea to have a couple of accountability stickies. I journal on-line daily and I have a notebook that I tick off my daily accomplishments. I like that it keeps me honest!

Loodie 01-05-2013 12:27 PM

I'm In - Accountability will be good!

I'm in with the accountability tracking weekly. It will help to have others in the same situation to support each other.

You reminded me of the financial stuff. My hubby made a tax appt. with our accountant for Feb. 4th, so I suppose I need to concentrate on that for awhile before I start on the fun projects.

Zeitgeist 01-06-2013 08:14 AM

My goal is to make goal by the end of this year as well. I also want to find a second job to help pay down some bills that I accumulated this year. (Older pets, older cars, and older homes can really take a toll...)

I'm not sure I would participate daily in an accountability thread, but I like the idea. :)

christyk28 01-06-2013 01:43 PM

My weight loss goal for this year is to be half of my beginning weight (which is my highest weight ever). I know I'll achieve it!

My fitness goal is to work out more :)

And my personal goal in life is to not hold back! I want to try everything, I want to do everything.....NO is not in my vocabulary this year :) I want to live and experience what I've been missing :)

KateB 01-08-2013 02:20 PM

My goal for 2013 is to get under 200 pounds. Which means I have to lose roughly 45 pounds. I tink it is very attainable considering I have lost 70 pound in 6 month without exercise.

Which leads me to my second goal for 2013. REGULAR exercise, I am going to start small, once a week. Right now my life is spinning out of control. Hubby's prostate removel surgery was filled with complications which in a nutshell required 3 emergency room visits, a 3 day hospital stay and required 6 units of blood all after his original discharge. To top that off our son had a sigle vehicle accident with my husband's pick up. His girlfriend and son were with im at the time of the accident. No one was seriously hurt thankfully. However in the madness and mayhem that our family has been through the past couple months I forgot to mail the insurance premium. Our coverage lapsed on 12/29, the accident was on 1/02. I am probably going to have to find a second job so we can afford a vehicle payment. If I can get in more than one day of exercise a week I will, right now I am not sure how I will get in one day...but I will!

sueBhoney 01-09-2013 11:00 AM

Goals for the new year are One getting below 200..I am at 246 now. I had VSG on Nov 6th. the weight loss is slow but steady. I know I am not getting enough exercise. But now that I am back to work I think the weight will come off faster. My next goal is to finish the 5 quilts in various stages of completion sitting in my sewing room.