Hypoglycemia after gastric bypass

• Does anyone know anything about this?

I have such strange reaction to food lately and am afraid this could have something to do with glucose:/
  • Have you had your blood sugar tested?
  • Call your doctor, darlin. there ARE cases of hypoglycemia after WLS. are your symptoms related to any particular food? are you getting enough protein?
  • I have tested myself today after dinner when I felt ill again, my blood sugar was high...I had headache, lightheadedness, my body was shaking...and after 15 minutes my blood sugar dropped to normal and I am feeling ok again. This is not related to any food it just happens no matter what I eat..about 3-4 times a week, usually right after dinner and sometimes in the morning...strangely never at lunch.

I gonna test my blood sugar for a few days and see a doctor.
  • Reactive Hypoglycemia is a known side-effect of RNY. I would definitely call your doctor. I think most people can control it through their diet, which usually means really watching your carb intake. I think there is a medication that can help, though.
  • Yes I did some reading about this, but it should happen years after surgery, I'm only two months after. And I never had any problems with sugar before :/ I will go to my doctor and check whats happening.
  • That was what I thought too...that it usually occurs later. RH scares me a bit; I feel for those that struggle with it, as it can really limit food choices and energy levels. Keep us posted as to what the doc says.