Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-17-2004, 08:05 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Default A little OT, but HELP!!

First.........I found my OLD password, so the real debkay is back

I'm 44, beating down the door to 45. I think the menopause symptoms are getting ready to kick my arse, and kick it good.

I have NEVER been depressed in my life and I think I may be heading down that road. I don't know if it is depression or just what..........my husband, who is the love of my life, can do nothing and I mean nothing right at the moment. Everything he does from the way he parks the car to the way he takes a breath, gets on my nerves. Is this normal or should I have my kids hide the knives??

I never know when I will have a cycle.........could go 6, 8 or 10 weeks before I have one or it could be 2 weeks..........that's really fun

I can't remember chit..........I can't remember what else I was going to complain about..........that's sad, isn't it?

If you have been there done that or are going through it now..........tell me it does get better.

Thanks
debkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:00 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

oh darlin.. it DOES get better... and remember that the estrogen that was stored in your fat is now metabolized and gone. quite a shock to your system. my advice: go see your gyn.

oh. and one of the BEST things i've ever done [and remember, i'm almost <cough cough, choke choke>51] is to add more soy to my diet. dry roasted edamame. tofu. soy chips. soy nuts. about 1 serving a day. it's helped TREMENDOUSLY.

and here's a thought: if the kids hide the knives, then you won't be able to cook, will you??? whaddaya think????
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:20 AM   #3  

Those were the symptoms of menopause I remember. Fortunately that is over and done with and my husband is beginning to forget the witch I was. Sit them all down, tell them it's a difficult time and you may become irrational at times but they don't need to lock you up (maybe the knives and scissors). You might want to check with your doctor. I don't do HRT because of health history but there are some natural things you can take to help keep you calm.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote