Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #1  

Default October 3rd can't get here soon enough!

Hi all! I'm new to this part of 3FC! After a life of being over weight, many diets tried and what not, researching WLS for many years I made the decision to have the gastric sleeve done I can not wait!! And my friends and family are so excited for me too. Every day I post my countdown number on facebook and if I haven't done it by a certain time I get posts on my page telling me what number it is lol. I can not wait to start living my life!! I have so much to catch up on! I hate when people who don't get it (how ready I really am) ask Äre you going to be able to do the diet they'll have you on right after?" and my answer is "Yes, yes I can!" I'm looking forward to getting to be on a liquid diet and pureed foods lol. I'm getting to start over and it's so exciting to me!! If any of you have had the sleeve done and have advice please let me know! Can wait to be on this journey with you all
christyk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

wow - i can't remember when we've had such an excited person undergoing surgery!!!! congratulations!!!! there ARE a few sleevers around here [i'm not one of them].

Glad to have you aboard! let's see -what's the countdown to october 3? 3 weeks or so?
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #3  

Thanks jiffy!! Lol I know I'm an odd duck being excited to have surgery but I'm so excited lol! Yes it'll be 20 days tomorrow
Old 09-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome Christy! I am still in the planning and preparing stages. Actually I am ready and willing, just have to jump through the insurance hoops. I am excited to watch your journey. I wish ou the best of luck and the greatest of success on this life changing journey!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateB View Post
Welcome Christy! I am still in the planning and preparing stages. Actually I am ready and willing, just have to jump through the insurance hoops. I am excited to watch your journey. I wish ou the best of luck and the greatest of success on this life changing journey!
Hey Kate!! Aw those fun hoops!! lol. Even though I wish my insurance was paying for it I am happy I don't have those hoops to go through. All I had to do was a stress test (and it was confirmed that I really do have a beautiful heart lol ) and then they let me set my date. And it won't be long and you'll be on the same life changing journey with us
Old 09-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Deltawifey View Post
Hi Christy! I'm having the sleeve surgery on Oct. 2nd. I'm impatiently waiting but I am a little worried about the recovery. I'm hoping that I can finally lose weight because I haven't been able to lose more than 10 lbs with diet and exercise. It would be nice to know what it feels like to be near or at goal when it comes to weight. Also I'm looking forward to being more active and having more energy. I haven't posted anything on facebook but I plan to once I start losing. My mom spilled the beans to my family, gosh I swear she can't ever keep her mouth shut :/
AWESOME!! We will be 1 day apart on our anniversary dates I've heard that recovery time isn't long and is pretty easy. Or my doctor made it seem that way lol. I would love to say I had been successful with diets but obviously if I had been successful I wouldn't be having this surgery lol. I had mini successes but I always gained it back and feel like this will keep me going and get me to where I need to be where I won't gain it back.

I'm looking forward to being more active as well!! I have plans for next summer of running a 5k and doing a mud run but sometimes I think I'm nuts for wanting to do one lol.

I went ahead and told everyone on fb about what the countdown is for. Everyone was so positive and I had a ton of likes on it so it made me feel really good about it.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #7  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Didn't have the sleeve, GBP but I totally understand your enthusiasm!! It really does feel like my life started on February 4th, 2009!! OK, maybe sometime in May of '09...the first three months are a challenge...but still, I found my health, my light heart as well as body (started modeling for FUN), my feet (I took up dancing every weekend), my love (met and married my darling wonderful husband), went back to college at 43 (I'm not as stupid as my ex constantly told me I was...woohoo!) and embarked full force on my art career!! After the 41 years I suffered and fought through, I hope I get to have 41 to remember with a smile!

Last edited by missangelaks; 09-22-2012 at 02:18 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote