3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Surgery

Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2003, 12:31 PM   #1
Hang In There

Default Jiff:

Tell me what you know about Isopure products. Have you ever tried them? Are they okay taste wise? They seem to have a great amount of protein, and zero carbs, they sound wonderful it you are able to stomach them. I know you tried almost everything out there so give me some feedback before I plop down my money.
Old 04-11-2003, 02:49 PM   #2
Old Cackler

are you talking about those clear liquid isopures that look like weird koolaid and have 40 grams of protein in them? those are the ones i've tried, and i tried them because some folks in the support group loved them.

they tasted weird, kind of like, well, weird koolaid! but what i REALLY didn't like about them was this kind of coating on my tongue that made me feel like i'd swallowed a jellyfish!! they tasted better icy cold than cool or at room temp. but believe me, i know people who LOVE these things and don't use anything else.

if you're looking at these for ole alvin, remember that we absorb only about 20 grams of protein at a time, so each 40-gram bottle is 2 servings for him. if it 's for you, well, the sky's the limit!!!!!
Start your day with a smile, and get it over with.
Keeping it off is a hundred decisions a day that help you maintain what you achieved. And that's the hard part. - L Sanders

start: 506 [Sept 2001]
weight at gastric bypass [Jan 29, 2002]: 409
current weight: 225
weight for plastic surgery: 200
final goal: 180

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not medical advice. See your physician before taking advice found on the internet.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:40 AM   #3

I know I'm not Jiff, but I thought I would add my oppinion, lol.

I love them. I add them (warm) to ice. It dilutes them a little and the coating isn't so bad. I only like a few shakes, but I am addicted to them. It's just to bad that they are so expensive!

Highest 317.0
Goal 150.0
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.