Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 12:25 PM   #1  

Wink remember me?

Hello all of my fat people! And my not so fat people. And just you people.

I am on the other side! I had open rny on April 2 and I'm feeling good! I miss my bra and my bath though! How long til I'll be able to take a long bath and wear my support for the girls?

Patty Blevins
Old 04-07-2003, 12:50 PM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Hey Patty!! Welcome to the "other side."

Can't answer how soon you can take a bath, but I would think as soon as "your" comfortable wearing a bra you could.

I know Jiff will ask this so be prepared to answer........how are you doing with your protein drink of choice?

I'm assuming everything went fine......post more when you feel up to it.

Welcome Home!! Let the shrinking begin!
Old 04-07-2003, 12:50 PM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Patty,
I have been lurking...so I want to say congradulations and a speedy recovery.
-L
Old 04-07-2003, 05:12 PM   #4  
Hang In There

Yea Patty, glad it's over and everything went well. Now the fun starts.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:20 PM   #5  
- 50 lbs!!! 3/17/03

Default Hey - Hey Hey

YIPPEE!! Welcome to big but getting smaller side!

I had my 8 weeks check up today and have been advanced to the for-life diet! I am kind of scared though - thinking that somehow the weight loss will stop if I advance my diet. AND I have had a 'few' incidences of nausea and well - not throwing up -but explosions from the other end. Both incidences were at restaurants and, I've learned - you can't trust how they prepare things!!!! I asked for an absolutely plain grilled chicken breast. Well they neglected to tell me that the cook soaks the chicken breasts in a vat of BUTTER and chicken broth prior to cooking them so they are moist!!! AH - the pain!

So now I've decided that for the time being I am going to drink iced tea and enjoy the atmosphere and my family and friends at restaurants and eat when I get home!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Leanna
Old 04-07-2003, 07:40 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

congrats patty!!!!! you've done great.. and you'll probably be allowed to have a nice bath after your stitches are out. can't help you with the bra thing... we lap folks just put our bras on and fled the hospital!!!

and about the protein shake... hmmmmm?????? thanks deb!!!!

and patty.. more details.. how long was the surgery?? anything interesting happen? how's the family handling it????

LEANNA... here's a thought about eating out... FISH IS YOUR BEST FRIEND. HONEST. easier to handle postop. and although you are now officially on the 'for life' diet, there's doing what you're allowed to do, and doing what you can manage. chicken that's been in places you've never imagined possible may not be what you could manage. but a piece of broiled fish [like flounder] wont' usually let you down.

and some high protein soup. just eat the meat and vegs and leave the broth. 8 weeks isn't a long time here. maybe your system just isn't ready for some things., oh. and many MANY wls people i know can't eat chicken at all, especially not the breast. dark meat is moister and goes down more easily. now, before someone says that dark meat has more calories, it also has more b vitamins, and for heaven's sake.. how much are we gonna eat here??? you'll be lucky to get through a thigh joint!!!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 08:35 PM   #7  

My open rny was about 1 and a half hours???? I was sleeping so I don't know!!

My dh has been Wonderful...took care of me every second while I was in the hospital. Unfortunately, now he's a bit grouchy with the kids! Oh well, you can't have everything.

I am drinking EAS edge from Walmart. 28 grams of protein when mixed with milk. So far so good.

Thanks for the support!

Patty
Old 04-08-2003, 12:14 AM   #8  
Old Cackler

what flavors does it come in?> what's your fave? i'm ALWAYS lookign for something good...
Old 04-08-2003, 11:56 AM   #9  

I've only tried the chocolate. It tastes okay!

Patty
Closed Thread