An introduction

• Hi everyone. This site sure does have a lot of great articles and useful information. I thought i'd introduce myself here because I had open Rny August 15,2002. I started out at 354 pounds and now weigh 247. So that is a 107 pound loss thus far. I have been real lucky and had no complications. I try to watch my carbs and eat mostly protien and vegetables but have not given up carbs all together. I used to come to this site when I was doing Weight Watchers. I appreciated the fast food info that was provided. I had never looked into the forums before. I live in Delaware, title search for a living, am married with two teenagers and am active in a few web groups. I am also into scrapbooking. I write a bi monthly news letter for a weight loss surgery support group at msn. It's great to meet everyone here. Carrie
  • HI Carrie, glad you took the time to introduce yourself to us.

Congrats on the great weight loss!!

IF your haven't done so already, post your info on our profile thread, it's stickied at the top of the forum.

And.....join us in our daily chat thread, where anything goes. We talk about kids, husband's........just anything going on in our lives.

Welcome, hope you will stick around and get to know us and let us get to know you, and support each other.

Debbie
  • Welcome Carrie!!!!

ditto to everything Debkay said!

It is a proven fact (sort of) that you lose more weight if you post alot!!!!

ok, maybe not!

it was worth a try!

peach
  • Hey Carrie!
    I am only 4 weeks post op - hope I'm as successful as you've been. The scale didn't seem to be moving this week though ... but who can complain? I'll just have to get more protein and more water and get off my butt and excercise... (to quote my friend Jiff)

Glad you decided to post! You'll enjoy this group ... we can always use more friends in our circle.

Welcome!

Leanna
  • welcome, carrie!
  • welcome welcome welcome... and glad you're doing so well...

as we all know, the real work starts after the surgery.