Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 07:15 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Thumbs down Daily WLS Chat...02-21-03..Join In!

Morning all!!!

Coffee is on, hot and leaded.

Luna, Heaven is not the person from Buyer Beware. He has not shown up Hey, if your reading (I can't remember your screen name) post, we will be glad to help in anyway we can.

Heaven......you just post anytime you can.

I was going through our desk in the den this morning, and found my folder from when I was trying to get my approval for wls. Man, the number of times a doctor wrote the words "morbid obesity" was just staggering.

Well I do have my van today. The repair shop cannot find the problem with son's clutch so they told him to keep driving it until it gets worse According to them it won't hurt anything. I just know this will end up costing us major bucks.

peachie.........did you get your computer up and running? If your reading this, I'm sure you did.

Hazel, any luck in finding our crowns?? I'll keep my eyes open today, while I'm out and about.

Luna how is the hubby holding up?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Debbie
Old 02-21-2003, 08:50 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checking out the chickies. I am not a candidate for WLS - too old - but am really interested in this. Hope nobody minds if I lurk and wave the odd time.
You chicks and rossters are brave people!
Old 02-21-2003, 09:22 AM   #3  

Husband is doing great, me on the other hand!

Today is the day, we should find out the actual time scheduled for surgery!

The kids could not wait, and gave John his "after surgery" gift this morning. So there is another thing to put on the list to take to the hospital.

Come on Tuesday, I'm ready for this to be over!

Did anyone else see the segment on Entertainment Tonight about the botched G-pass surgery. While I totally agree, people need to realize it is a MAJOR surgery, I so did not need to see that right now! But, I do know Johns doctor has done 1500+ surgeries, so that made me feel better. Sleep is coming, but I’m now getting the general uneasy feeling. I’m ready to be on the other side!
Old 02-21-2003, 09:37 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Ruth we love you, you can post with us anytime!!

Luna....wish I could say a few magic words and make you feel better. You know the complications I had and even with that........I would do it all over again.

I didn't see the gastric by-pass thing on ET, I'm guessing by your post, it was not a "feel good" segment.

Debbie
Old 02-21-2003, 10:46 AM   #5  

Been a while since I posted. I do get a kick out of reading everybody's tales. My date is scheduled for 3/12. I'm having a consultation with the surgical nurse today. I will meet with the anesthesiologist next week. I'm anxious to get this show on the road.

Yesterday I went to my favorite chinese buffet for lunch. I ate a good meal then said "good bye, old friend". I thought I would be really saddened at the thought of not eating like that again. But, I surprised myself. I'm ready to greet the new me!

Lorrie
Old 02-21-2003, 11:20 AM   #6  

Tuesday, February 25th @ 7:30 am. Please think of us!

I am not really depressed or all that upset about all of this. Sorry if my posts are coming off like that. I am very nervous, and a little afraid, but I think that is normal.

I am really looking forward to taking walks and having John feel physically good and mentally good. I know that the weight issue for him are just as mentally painful as his knees hurt physically. So for all of that, I am really looking forward to this surgery.

Unfortunately, it is the great UNKNOWN of surgery. I'm sure you all understand!
Old 02-21-2003, 05:55 PM   #7  

ok...i will get the hang of this...i posted this repsonse under the wrong day. man...and to think i have been online for ever!!!!

this is what i wrote in the other one...
Vlol. no, last time i checked, i didn't have any male anatomy. unless since i haven't seen my toes in some years that something else grew!!!
but, seriously, no, i am not the guy from buyer beware. i am just another lovely patron of this wonderful website.

and now....i want to add....gonnabethin, i totally undestand that you want to get the show on the road, so do i!! but it is not flowing as smoothly as i had hoped. i dispise the insurance lady at my doctor's office. i vented the whole thing in my journal if you want to look.
Closed Thread