What a difference a day makes!

• Hey gang! Friday was my surgery - all went smoothly. It took a little longer than anticipated and the test afterwards pushed me over the edge! The surgeon was able to do it laparscopically - so that is good for healing but also why it took a bit longer. However, yesterday during the painful ride home I was wondering what in the world I had done to myself! Like I asked for this?

I don't think I was expecting all of the gas pain. Which was absolutely positively the worst! I walked all night on Saturday night 1.) because I could get in bed because the gas hurt so much and 2.) because my 85 year old roomates daughters had a few too many drinks and were bickering in some other language in the bed next to me. I was close to asking the nurse to ask them to leave as it was way past visiting hours - but I sucked it up and it was probably all for the best.

Today I feel pretty good. A little tired, a little weak, and a little gassy but have only had tylenol one time. The pain is now bearable and I am on my way to a healthier me!!!

More later ...
  • wow!!! thanks for checking in. as for being JUST on tylenol.. i'm impressed!! i enjoyed the oxycontin for several days afterwards!!!

glad you're doing well... keep us posted!
  • OXYCONTIN?!!!?!?!?!

DO THEY REALLY GIVE YOU THAT!?!!?

PATTY
  • From what I hear John will be sent home with a liquid from of viciton (sp?).
  • Glad your home safe and sound.

Debbie
  • not sure what everyone else gets, but i did indeed get oxycontin! great drug!!!!
  • I enjoyed the morphine pump in the hospital - and don't think I would've made it without it. I do have something stronger ... it says oxidose. I don't know if it is oxicontin or tylenol with codiene. Regardless of what it is I only have to take a tiny bit and it knocks me for a loop. I don't like that drugged feeling.

I have to keep reminding myself that there was a good reason I chose this pathway. I have a lingering doubtful feeling - but I know once I start to feel better it will go away.
  • the first week is the worst. and the first couple of months are not pleasant. but i PROMISE you: it DOES get better. LOTS better.

hang in there!!!!
  • CONGRATULATIONS on your surgery! I went home on liquid Vicodan and needed it before bed for a few weeks.

I am glad to hear you are doing so well. The first week (or two) is the worst but it gets better every day!