3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Well here I go (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/247094-well-here-i-go.html)

INVU 11-15-2011 05:15 AM

Well here I go

:spin: After a long time looking into it, thinking about it, talking about it.
I saw my surgeon and dietitian today and will see the psychologist next week.
I am booked in for lap sleeve surgery on the 19 Dec.Its going to be like new year new me :D
After 30 years on and off a diet its time for some help.I want to be healthier,live longer , have no size discrimination and be extraordinarily ordinary

jiffypop 11-15-2011 09:12 AM

Love that line - extraordinarily ordinary!

and i think you're the first Kiwi we've had on this particular board - it's nice to meet you! there are several sleeve folks around here [i'm not one of them] and i'm sure they'll chime in soon.

are you nervous about the psych? they're not in it to tell you you're crazy [i'm sure there are other folks in your life who take on that job! i know there are several in mine].

glad you're here!

INVU 11-16-2011 04:34 PM

Thanks jiffypop
Not nervous yet about psych but I do know I need to work on some things.

Jen 11-17-2011 03:53 AM

Hello there. I had my sleeve done last month and couldn't be happier with the results I've had so far. It is so exciting to be starting a new chapter of my life where I finally feel in control of what I am eating, food is not controlling me. If you are anything like me (and most people who have had weight loss surgery from my experience on these sorts of message boards) you'll find that there are a lot of emotional issues that you didn't even know you had wrapped around what, when and how you eat. It came as a bit of a shock to me but I've been coping well. I learned a lot about myself and why I am morbidly obese (but on the way to a healthier me).

INVU 11-17-2011 02:37 PM

Hi Jen what you said about the emotional issues is so true.
How was your recovery ?

Leenie 11-19-2011 09:34 AM

Good Luck !! :hug:

Jen 11-19-2011 11:26 AM

My recovery has been really good. I had a fair bit of pain for about a week and a half but that is to be expected with having incisions in your abdomen! It was just pain from the incisions, muscle pain etc. It settled down with regular doses of Tylenol. It is hard to remember to drink as I don't really get hungry any more. That and remember to taking my vitamins! Tomorrow I get to start eating pureed food so it will be a nice change in texture and taste from the food I've been eating (soupy oatmeal, yogurt, low fat cream soups) for the past 2 weeks. It is very enjoyable to watch the pounds slip off!

INVU 11-29-2011 02:41 AM

Had my pre op today lost 4kgs (8lbs) in 2 weeks :carrot:
I start Optifast on Monday until my op on the 19 Dec OMG not long now

bornready 11-29-2011 12:20 PM

Good luck to you! I have my surgery on the 8th and can't wait to start on the road to wellness!