Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 03:12 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default alternate names?

Are there any other titles that bariatric surgeons are listed under?
I want to see if i can get a name from my insurance but they have NOTHING listed under bariatric when i call
Also Luna did the waiver mean DH didnt have to pay out of network fees?
Old 02-05-2003, 04:12 PM   #2  

Well he has not had the surgery yet. He is scheduled for surgery on February 25.

What was explained to me from the insurance company (and followed up with a letter) is that because they do not have a PPO in the area and because this surgeon only practices at a certain hospital they will cover both the doctor and the hospital at the PPO level. Again at 90% vs 60% and yes that also includes the out of network fees.

They also said that because we did get a letter from them stating that it was medically necessary, we only have to cover the first $1000.00 out of pocket (due to family deductible) and that they will cover the rest 100%.

I have BC/BS of Ill. with a PPO. They have been extremely helpful, even suggesting the medical waiver. I was told if you find a nice representative make sure to get there name and always ask for them, or to have them call you back.

I hope some of this is helpful to you. Good Luck!
Closed Thread