Starting to get Nervous

• 22 days and counting.

I had a dream that John did not make it through the surgery. I realize that all of this is normal but does anyone have any good words for me?

He has finally told his parents and they actually took it very well. I think that he was shocked! But in a good way. They told him that they understood why he was doing it and his dad told him he was sure it would greatly improve his life.

It seems that a few of us will be going through this around the same time, so I am looking forward to hearing everyone's experiences!

Diane
  • diane... we're ALL a little afraid that we won't wake up, but as long as john doesn't gain more weight, watches his diet, and gets some exercise so that he's in the best possible condition going into the surgery, he'll have the best possible chance.

and discuss your fears with the surgeon as well. they hear it all the time. mine told me that he had no intention of letting me die, even though there were no guarantees...
  • Diane, I think what you are feeling is so very normal.

It's scary to have a loved one undergo surgery........would rather do it myself.

How is John doing? Is he ready?

We are all here for you and John.

Debbie
  • He is SO ready. He wants to feel better.

So far the one thing that stands out in my mind is the guys at work wanted to know where he is going to have his "Last Meal". They all think that he should have this HUGE meal. His response was, "guys I don't think you understand, the problem is that I have been having that Last Meal for the last 30 years, that's why I look like this". So I finally think that he gets it!
  • Diane, I know how you feel, I was like that before Alvin hd his surgery, but once it's over you'll forget how upset you were. Sorta like having a baby.