3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Here we go again... surgeon angst! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/24296-here-we-go-again-surgeon-angst.html)

1 of our fat people 01-28-2003 06:56 PM

Here we go again... surgeon angst!

Well ladies, it's me. You know, the girl who was so happy to have decided on the doctor with the @#@%@ who answered the phone... Well, it has started again.

I am a member of an online support group in my area. Since I thought I had decided to go with DR. W, I started to participate in the group. Yesterday, all He!! broke loose with everyone complaining about Dr. W's staff and handling of insurance.

One girl even had surgery scheduled for Friday and at the last minute was told that the doctor hadn't submitted her insurance! Others are complaining about insurance trouble, their incisions not healing up without being opened repeatedly, and the staff being "not nice."

SOOOOO... I am back at the drawing board! Do I want to waste time and effort and money going to a doctor that has so many strikes against him? Or should I go to the Doctor who only does open rny right now and seems very nice, but isn't at a "big university" hospital?

My heart says go to the nice doc in the county hospital, but my head seems to want to argue with that.

Thanks for your advice and support!
Patty

csbutton 01-28-2003 07:49 PM

Oh Dear...
What is the positive with this doctor???

I would check with patients of the doctor who can get you in quicker and see what they say. Would the not nice doctor be doing your surgery Laproscopically? I can see that as a plus over the open RNY, but not if he's still getting infections in his patients.

I know for my Lap-Band, Dr. Kuri sent me a list of his patients and I went online as well and got some really great and 'real' responses pros and cons, but mainly just pros...about him, his facility etc.

I say you call and talk to as many patients as you can if you are still 'iffie' about any doctor.

I know it's hard to wait, but once you're past the hump then the waiting won't have seemed so long when youlook back.

peach pit 01-28-2003 07:49 PM

Patty? Could you look for a third option? Perhaps another doc that you would have to travel a bit farther to but has an efficient a helpful staff and does the lap?

Wish I had more helpful advice on this...seems like you are between a rock and a hard place and need to find a way to wiggle out of it.

keep us posted!

peach

justprazn2 01-28-2003 10:23 PM

Yeah - I would definately agree ... I think you should check behind door number three.

debkay 01-29-2003 07:52 AM

Patty, have you checked obesityhelp.com? They maintain a list of docs by state, it of course is not complete, but may give you a couple other names.

Debbie