Ramblings . . .

• I've started the liquid diet today. This makes me so HAPPY. I have a million emotions running through my head whenever I think about this surgery. There is a wide range of them also - they can go from deliriously happy to deeply sad at any moment. I wonder if it has anything to do with the 'time of the month'. Gee do ya think?

Well it is almost here. I bought a tape measure yesterday to do the measurements - I want to be able to count inches too. DH said I could use his tape measure from his toolbox. Picture that - won't you? Twisted metal around a 300 lb body! I almost peed my pants at walmart when he suggested it. Needless to say I payed the $1.47 for the tape measure. Maybe I'll even take up sewing due to the large investment. Yeah right.

Thanks for all of your support. We are at T -12 days to go! Unbelievable.
  • at the thought of using the metal tape measure. Only a husband could suggest something like that

I remember the feelings your going through right now. It's getting so close for you, and Hazel too!

As for the sewing thing.......I have seriously thought about dusting my sewing machinge off and sewing a few things for myself also. You will move through sizes so quickly at the start!!!

Remind me again, do you have a real live support group that you attend? If you do, perhaps a clothing exchange is in order, suggest it. I gave bags and bags of things to Hazel, and I know she plans to pass them on also. We have to help each other out.

My real-live support group came to my rescue in December. Just before my hubby and I left for St. Lucia, it dawned on me.........I really would need a bathing suit. I sent out an SOS to my support group and received 5 suits!!!

I'm excited for you!!

Debbie
  • 12 days on a liquid diet???? EEEWWWWW!!!! sounds like a peculiar form of torture! BUT it'll all be ok in the end. i promise.
  • Do you have to do a liquid diet for that long? When is your surgery?

Patty
  • liquid diet
    Yes they request that you do a liquid diet 2 weeks prior to surgery. I guess to make sure you don't totally freak out. I also think it is to make sure that you 1.) know what you're getting into and 2.) can tolerate the protein drink that you've chosen.

I went to a bridal fashion show this afternoon with my lil sister who is getting married in July - July 5 to be exact. How wonderful it was to see these beautiful gowns on beautiful people. I couldn't help but wonder what size I might be in July - almost 5 months after the surgery. . . dreams.
  • maybe 100 pounds??? at least 50...