Dreams

• Lately, although I have been leary to do this, I have allowed myself to dream of things I will be able to do (that I can't do now) after surgery and I lose this weight. I thought it might be nice to hear some of your little successes - maybe motivate someone to stay on track - or push someone a bit closer to pursuing their dreams.

Some of my dreams:

I will be able to ride amusement park rides without wondering if I will fit in the seatbelt.

I will not have to ask for an extension seatbelt on the airplane.

I will be able to wear the red leather italian boots my best friend just got for Christmas. (the kind with the laces up the back)

I will be able to cross my legs AND breathe at the same time.

I will be able to tie my shoes so that the laces don't end up on the far right because I can't reach around my belly. Oh, and I won't have a stroke when I get up and the blood runs back to my head.

I could go on and on --- but how about someone else have at it!
  • you only want SOME successes????
    here's a list of what i can do now that i couldn't before...

walk 2 miles

talk for longer than 10 seconds

laugh without wheezing or coughing

sleep comfortably, and even turn over without waking up!!

fit through doors, turnstiles, narrow hallways

fit in seats, even those with arms!! with room to spare even!! and when i get up, the chair stays on the ground all by itself!

drive the car comfortably without the steering wheel digging into my belly and my arms straining to reach the wheel

well... this is a start, at least. and i can't wait to see debk's list.
  • Well Jiff here I am

I can..........

cross my legs!! this is the best thing!!

fit in a coach airline seat without a extender

go up and down the steps in my house more than once a day

look in a mirror and not be upset (still not at goal, but much better than it used to be)

no longer fear cracked toilet seats

no longer fear going to friends houses, because I was afraid they would not have a STURDY chair

keep up with my husband

I no longer get stared at, people actually look me in the eye now. Have you ever seen a 350 pound invisible woman? that was me!

there is more..........I'll add to this later

Come on all, post, I want to hear more!!

Debbie
  • Just prazn2 !!!!!!!! YOU HAVE A PAIR OF RED ITALIAN BOOTS!!!!!!!??????????

I want 'em!!!!!! (of course since I am shy, I may not be able to get them out of the box and wear them.....but it would be a heck of alot of fun to just look at 'em! )

Congrats on getting a date for your surgery!!!!!

I can attest to the fact that Jiff can talk more than ten minutes.....many more as a matter of fact!

hmmmm......if I ever get the surgery, I am dreaming about becoming the incredibly strong woman and keeping up with my kids and NOT having to lay down for an hour in the afternoon just so I can be "pleasant" for the evening festivities when the kids come off their meds and dh is tired.

to debkay....who seems to havce a very happy dh!!!!!

gotta go
    peach
  • and one more thing, an important one. when i was extremely heavy, there were a number of medical tests that i couldn't have because i was too heavy for the equipment or couldn't fit in it. that's all gone now!!!

and now that i can fit, i don't need the tests!!!! thank goodness!!!

is my dear sister peachie saying that i talk too much???? HOW DARE SHE!!!!!
  • GIRLS!!! said in my best Mother's voice
  • well, I'm just at the beginning of my journey (only 3 weeks into it) So I'm still dreaming.

~When flying, not have the seat tray slap you on the stomach when it comes down...

~I want to look sideways in the mirror and not have my gut stick out further than my boobs.

~I want to make my old boyfriend wish he were my husband! !

~I want to see dh's smile when he realizes that every guy in the room wishes they were the one dancing with me.

~I want to be the smallest woman in my family. (We have the dreaded fat gene).

~I want to have only ONE chin.

~I want to wear a slinky nighty and not have my boobs spill out under my arms.

~I want to feel better about myself.

~I want to look in the mirror and have absolute no clue who that HOT CHICK is looking back at me.
  • Boy Amy! I sure can relate to the boobs under the arm "thing"!!!!

Dear Southern Mom, I am not complaining, don't ground me! I never get tired of Jiff's dulcet tones!

you're gonna send me to my room anyway....aren't ya?

peach
    ps do I get to go by myself?
  • No, going alone is too much like a reward!! Said in a kind, gentle, southern drawel (even tho I don't have one.)

Is drawel what I am looking for or would draw be correct........help!!