3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   REVIEW- Real Meals Protein Drink (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/22773-review-real-meals-protein-drink.html)

AmyLyn 12-14-2002 04:57 PM

REVIEW- Real Meals Protein Drink

After trying and HATING most protein drinks, I decided to give this one a try and ordered the sample packets. One vanilla and one chocolate. Each packet has 2 servings in it. The nutrition information for one serving is listed next:

Calories - 144
Fat - 1g
Carbs - 1g
Sugars - 1g
Protein - 30g

The first time I mixed this up I used 6 oz (the recommended amount) of skim milk and 1 tbl of SF Chocolate Nesquick with 1 serving of the powder (1/2 cup) in a shaker and shook until smooth. I added some ice and proceeded to drink. Well it was okay until about halfway through it when I started to get queasey. It was a little thicker than chocolate milk and I really had to "choke" the rest down.

Day 2 - LOL I tried the vanilla by the same method, substituting Strawberry Nesquick for the Chocolate. Again, halfway through I started to get queasy. Now I am thinking maybe my tummy just doesnt LIKE that much at one time.

Today I decided since I am only having 1 serving per day (30grams) because I eat at least 50 every day, that maybe I could break the 1 serving into 2 small servings of 15 grams each. Sooo.. This morning I used 6 oz of water, 1/4 cup of the powder and a little SF Raspberry Syrup, shook and added ice. First of all, this was VERY thin!! Like WATER. Because not only did I use water instead of milk, but I used the normal amount of water for a full serving! It was the PERFECT consistency for ME. And the taste was actually decent TOO. I didn't get Nauseous ONCE during the whole thing and actually drank it in about 10 minutes as opposed to the 45 it WAS taking me. So there ya go.. For me, 1/2 serving in the am and 1/2 in the pm is the way to go.

Just wanted to let everyone know about these because the protein values are high, PLUS they have Biotin in them (helps hairloss), B12, Calcium and some other good stuff. I just ordered a case so I am good for 40 days now.. LOL If anyone wants to know where to get this, just PM me.. :)

Think Healthy,

jiffypop 12-14-2002 06:36 PM

thank you thank you thank you!!!! i'm ALWAYS looking for a change. and this sounds good. low cal. low carb. high proteinl. is it soy or whey?

and i'm with you.. i like mine on the thin side. that thick stuff just gags!!!!!!!!

AmyLyn 12-27-2002 10:48 AM

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.. Holidays, argh :dizzy: Anyway, it is 100% predigested Whey. The site claims it is also 100% digestable. Meaning if you drink 30 grams you ARE getting 30 grams. I also found a new yummy way to drink it this morning too! Mmmm.. 6 oz of OJ and a couple chunks of frozen pineapple in the blender. Add some ice afterwards just to keep it cold. Was actually tasty. :)