Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #1  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Default One month post-op!

and 27 lbs down!

Some of the things that I'm observing:

-starting to feel something similar to hunger-kind of a burning sensation. Also-feel REALLY sick if I haven't eaten in 4 hours or so. At this soft food stage it's difficult to carry food with you-though I realized after I had to leave a festival where there was nothing I could eat-that maybe I could have grabbed a string cheese to bring with me-it's probably soft enough-or maybe a yogurt-not likely to spoil in a couple of hours.

-what is up with the burping? My daughter thinks it's funny, but it's embarrassing. It happens all the time-but especially if food is getting stuck. That rock in the chest feeling is not pleasant.

-I'm getting to the point where I'm not necessarily craving food (a little maybe)-but I'm just wanting to eat. And eat larger portions-though I've discovered that if I make too much I can't eat it anyway. I don't know if it's the lack of variety-but I find myself thinking about upcoming meals and what I'll eat.

-I'm sick of taking vitamins and meds! I'm not going to stop taking them of course, but I had to say it. Especially the capsules I have to open and mix with something-ick!

-I'm freezing all the time! I used to be hot all the time.

-I have lots of energy in the morning-not so much at night.

-cutting down to 1 cup of coffee a day wasn't that bad!

-instead of a date with food the other night (when my daughter is away)-I went to the movies and sipped on a decaf latte. Who needs popcorn?

-I'm really happy that I did this-though I'm terrified I'm going to screw this up!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

sounds like you're doing GREAT - burping and all!!! [BTW, the burping often comes from swallowing too much air while you're eating. when something is stuck as well, you just know that your body is trying to get it unstuck - by whatever means possible!!!]

and i'm impressed that you're realizing that we need to plan ahead. at your stage, we really can't go without food for more than a few hours. my schedule was 15 grams of protein every 3 hours or so - or i felt dizzy. if you carry some protein powder that you can mix with water, that'll work. so would the string cheese.

and feeling cold - i have a dear friend who moved from NJ to Phoenix because she was cold ALL THE TIME and knew she'd be warmer out west!!

congrats! and keep up the good work!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #3  
Pertnear Domestic Goddess

S/C/G: 250/133/125 RNY5/11/09

Height: 5'3

WTG!!!
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

YAY YOU !!!! I am so glad to hear you are happy