3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   One week out . . (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/223694-one-week-out.html)

juliemarie 01-25-2011 10:51 PM

One week out . .

and I feel really good! The pain is easily managed and last night I didn't bother getting up to take my pain meds. The pain is most just soreness-and the skin around the incisions is getting really itchy-so I'm really not fit for public with all my scratching! ;) Well-that and I'm not really liking wearing a bra right now!

I'm still not really feeling much hunger-but I do get light-headed and try to just stick to 3 "meals" (if you can call them that) on schedule-plus a couple snacks if I can find something I think I can choke down. I need to get some yogurt to try, try the pudding again, and I'm thinking of trying the cream of wheat-maybe just 1/2 a portion. I have 2 more weeks of full liquids and I think I'm going to be going nuts by then. Scrambled eggs and refried beans sound pretty wonderful right now!

The only issue I'm having is constipation (sorry TMI!). I've been taking stool softeners but tonight I'm going to take some milk of magnesia. I was trying to avoid it even though in my papers it says I can take it. Just seems like a laxative might not be the best thing for my system- but MoM is pretty gentle and since it's been a week-I need to do something!

jiffypop 01-27-2011 09:52 AM

darlin - are you allowed protein? it helps keep away the lightheadedness. and be careful with the carbs [like the cream of wheat] - if you consume more than 15 grams in a sitting - especially without protein - you run the risk of dumping [and one of the signs is lightheadedness].

overall, it sounds like you're doing great! oh. the constipation. drink more water. seriously! even if you're getting the 64 ounces, sometimes we simply need a bit more than that.

good for you!!!!

juliemarie 01-27-2011 10:45 AM

I'm allowed protein-I mix Unjury and peanut flour with milk in the morning and the unjury chx broth once a day too. I tried the cream of wheat last night and was careful to not eat a whole serving-it went down fine and I didn't dump. I need to try mixing in some protein next time. I'm just glad there's something else I can eat-I'm getting really bored of the same things every day.

Nature finally took it's course this morning, thank goodness! ;)

jiffypop 01-27-2011 12:03 PM

PEANUT FLOUR?? wow. never heard of it - where do you get it? what does it taste like? and besides mixing it with protein powder, what else do you do with it? inquiring minds want to know!

glad you're doing so well -

juliemarie 01-27-2011 12:15 PM

"Peanut flour" is ground, partially de-fatted peanuts that I got at Trader Joe's-it was a tip from Eggface. It smells WONDERFUL and adds a great peanut butter flavor to shakes. I'm not sure what else you could do with it besides shakes-I'll check out her website to see if she uses it for anything else. Maybe in her protein ice cream? Anyway-it's yummy. I've had my "peanut butter cup" milk every morning! And you just need a couple of tsps to get the flavor.

juliemarie 02-02-2011 11:46 AM

Good morning everyone! I'm back at work today and feeling pretty good. I'm starting on some soft/solid foods now and had a scrambled egg with cheese last night for dinner. It was heaven! ;)

The weight is already flying off which is both exciting and a little disconcerting, if that makes any sense at all. And I can already tell most of it came out of my boobs! I need a new bra already! I'm going to hold off as long as possible-I can't be buying bras every couple of weeks.

I still don't feel any hunger-the doc said it could take up to a year to feel any hunger. Kinda cool really. I just feel-weird. Slightly disconnected from my body you know?

missangelaks 02-03-2011 01:27 AM

Woohoo! sounds like you are doing wonderful! I get the feeling of the weight falling off being disconcerting! It is strange...and a little disconnecting.

Even at 3 years out, I still don't feel much in the way of hunger...I get dizzy and a little lightheaded but mostly I eat on a timed schedule. (I only feel physically hungry when I'm sick, oddly enough) That is a problem on days I'm busy, because I will just forget to eat! Me????? Now that is strange! :lol:

Keep up the great work and fabulous attitude! :hug:

Angela