Lipo on double chin?

• Hi all!

Has anyone ever had or know anyone who has had liposuction on their double chin? No matter what I lose, I keep this thing with me. I remember when I weighed 135, I had a slight one. Now I have a very noticeable one, which I would love to dispose of.

Also, if you know how much the cost is, I would like to know!

Marsha
  • Sorry Marsha I don't have an answer for you, but when I read your post title, OUCH came to mind

Where are you located in the Atlanta area? Which doctor did you use? Do you belong to a support group? As you can see, I'm in the Atlanta area also.

I belong to a non-doctor affiliated support group that will be meeting Saturday, if your interested. In the past they had a plastic surgeon come and speak. The group consists of lots of pre and post ops in all stages of their journey.

Debbie
  • Hi Debbie,

I live west of Atlanta in Douglasville. I do not belong to any support groups. I work in a doctor's office and the doctor's wife was telling me about the procedure. With my schedule, I would be unable to meet w/a group on Saturday. Sounds interesting, however!
  • Hi Dazzles
    Just went to a plastic surgery seminar last night, they talked about all parts of the body. But it seemed that for the double chin they recommend a partial face life. Which is a cut around both ears which is hardly noticable rather than the lipo because with the lipo you would still have the skin hanging if they lipo the fat out. The only thing about that is that it is probably more costly. They did not go through the different prices of course. I guess it is so we don'e get scared of hearing those outrage sums.

Well lots of luck in whatevery procedure you choose
  • Hi Marsha
    I'm also from the Atlanta area. (about 45 mi. NE of Atl) I am also researching into liposuction. The cost varies form location to location, and from one doc to another. usually the cost is better when combined with more than one area. if you are only doing 1 area, you still have the cost of anesthesia and the facility. One price i saw in my research was $1500 for chin. It was $500 if added to another site.
    I found a message board online where you might gain some info on this. www.liposite.com Maybe you could ask there. Do you know of any plastic surgeons that have been reccomended to you? I'm still in the searching phase. Good luck.
    ~~~Sil