Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-21-2010, 02:51 AM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default updated "after plastics" pic...6 months out

I put the new, updated, 6-months-out "before and after abdominoplasty" pic on as my profile pic! Click on my avatar and have a look. Again, it’s a bit graphic!

OHHHHHH I remember the pain!!! I will never forget that, but I am glad I didn't know...the results are still getting better and better!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 04-21-2010 at 03:03 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:57 AM   #2  
Get Thin Within

S/C/G: 307/275/150

Height: 5' 7

Wow, that is an amazing difference. I know you are satisfied with the results. I am considering having this done after the weight loss and this has pretty much made up my mind. I know it will not be painless but the outcome will be worth it.
Natoshial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:00 AM   #3  

Oh honey!! It hurts!! Like you just don't know...I won't have anything else done because of the pain! Know what you're getting into and know that you will HAVE to take the full 8 weeks off of life...not just work. Its harder then any thing I have ever been through but I am glad, now that its over and done, that I didn't know what the pain was...I'm almost glad I did it.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Ange, It looks pretty darn good! If I ever win the lottery..........LOL!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:35 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelaks View Post
Oh honey!! It hurts!! Like you just don't know...I won't have anything else done because of the pain! Know what you're getting into and know that you will HAVE to take the full 8 weeks off of life...not just work. Its harder then any thing I have ever been through but I am glad, now that its over and done, that I didn't know what the pain was...I'm almost glad I did it.
Really? I had a consult with a surgeon a while back about a full abdominoplasty and he was talking about 2 weeks out of work.

I've had two c-sections, so I've been sliced and stitched all the way down to my uterus, so maybe he thinks I'd have an easier time with recovery? Or because I'd have much less skin to cut out?
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 335/tracker/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

you look fabulous!
Duckslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachinma View Post
Really? I had a consult with a surgeon a while back about a full abdominoplasty and he was talking about 2 weeks out of work.

I've had two c-sections, so I've been sliced and stitched all the way down to my uterus, so maybe he thinks I'd have an easier time with recovery? Or because I'd have much less skin to cut out?

I'm sure any abdominal work is painful because we have to use this huge muscle group to do just about anything. I had a cut from hip to hip which is larger then one for a C-section but also from pubic bone to stirnum to remove the most skin possible because of the extent of loose skin I had. Basicly, I have the front of me removed and the sides pulled in to cover the wound AND THEN had the basic tummy tuck by pulling the skin down and having the extra removed.

They told me I would feel better in 4 weeks and then back to normal in 8-10 weeks. I followed that almost to the day. at 4 weeks I was about 75% and back to normal in about 8 weeks or so.

it hurt....

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 04-22-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #8  

Wow its beautiful! That tiny scar will fade to nothing its so small already. And, I love that your doc knew where to put the belly button. Perfect. I have seen them in less perfect places, like too high...yours is wonderful!
BabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #9  

Thanks Babysteps, it like it too...I haven't had one since I was 8! hehehe He did a great job.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #10  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelaks View Post
I'm sure any abdominal work is painful because we have to use this huge muscle group to do just about anything. I had a cut from hip to hip which is larger then one for a C-section but also from pubic bone to stirnum to remove the most skin possible because of the extent of loose skin I had. Basicly, I have the front of me removed and the sides pulled in to cover the wound AND THEN had the basic tummy tuck by pulling the skin down and having the extra removed.

They told me I would feel better in 4 weeks and then back to normal in 8-10 weeks. I followed that almost to the day. at 4 weeks I was about 75% and back to normal in about 8 weeks or so.

it hurt....
Thanks for the clarification! I'm really interested in a tummy tuck in the future. I've lost a fair amount of weight and expect to be be down about 50 pounds by the time I'm ready for the tuck. I see a lot of improvement in the tummy area, but because of the c-section, I have a permanent muffin top, no matter how much weight I lose and how much I tone the midsection. It's frustrating.

You look great at six months out!

Last edited by rachinma; 04-25-2010 at 03:00 PM.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:37 PM   #11  
Excited about my new life

S/C/G: 348/256/190

Height: 5'8"

That looks really good, you are ready for that bathing suit missy!!! Now don't go getting fast on me.
worthylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:42 AM   #12  

fast? me? nah....I'm as slow as they come! hehehehe I am kind of looking forward to shopping for a bathing suit...don't think I have EVER said that before!