Quick question on the subject of maintenance

• Do I still need 50-60 grams of protien or can I cut back to maybe 30-40 grams?
  • I would suggest continuing to try to get in 50-60 grams of protein. Protein keeps you feeling satiated and gives you nutrients that you need. Its also suppose to help with the whole hair loss/thinning issue.
  • OHHHHHHHHHH okay, I thought it was just to get you into fat burning mode. I guess I'll have to pay closer attention. I've kind of slacked off and have been eating more carbs, have really been wanting salads and fruit last couple of weeks. Thanks worthylady for your help
  • If I don't get enuf protein I start losing hair, my skin gets really dry and I feel like crud. Not to mention I get depressed.
  • Yep, Gina stay with your protein, it also helps you build muscle and trust I have learned you need it (see my sitting posts) LOL.
  • Hey Miss G: You should probably talk with your NUT. I was able to go from 80 -90 gms. of protein at 18 months out to 50 - 60 gm. per my NUT. I asked for a daily calorie count and according to my height and weight I can shoot for 1500 a day. I know calories don't really mean as much in the earlier days of WLS, but I'm a little ways out and calories do come into play for me. It also helps me to be mindful about what I'm eating and not to waste all my calories on something forbidden and keeps my choice more healthy. My DH was craving a maple breakfast roll, and I figure when he left the house yesterday that he would come back with one........he actually read the back of the package and found out that one was 330 cals. Stopped him from eating one. I don't think he looked at the carbs or fat, but I was impressed! LOL! So he had a Bacon Cottage Cheese Muffin with a drop of SF strawberry jelly and a pcs of lean ham.

I'm like Leenie, I will get hair loss, and look general unhealthy if I don't get in enough protein.
  • Thanks Nancy,
    I will contact my NUT maybe she can point me in the right direction