Do you all know who Ruby is?

• Ruby from the the Style network's reality show?
    http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/ruby/index.jsp

Anyway last night I met her. A friend and I went to the movies (mm Robert Downey Jr.) and on our way in we ran into her in the plaza at the Grove here in Los Angeles.

Ladies she is so sweet! Wait til you see her on the show next season.. She is now down over 400lbs and only has 120 more to go. We talked to her for a good 10 mins. She loves to talk. wow what an inspiration she is.
  • How cool! I've only seen the show a couple of times, but Ruby is clearly a very special woman. She comes across as very kind and fun and beautiful! She deserves every success!
  • I got to meet her back in May. She is very nice. I can't wait for the new season to start!
  • Wow! I am so glad to hear an update about her. I used to see her show all the time but it seems she isn't on as much anymore. I have often wondered how she was doing. So what is her weight now or what is her goal?
  • The new season airs Feb 14 she said. Like I said she has about 120 more pounds to go! She looks fabulous. I couldn't believe the change from the end of last seasons show and what she looked like in person. I would say just from a guess she has lost another 80-90lbs
  • I was actually hoping to have a number attached.
  • Sorry all she said was she was down over 400lbs and had 120 left to lose..
  • She seems so sincere and genuine, how cool that you got to meet her! And she's funny as all get out on her show!
  • I have never heard of Ruby before. Looks very interesting. Which WLS did she have? I'll have to keep an eye out for the show.
  • Did she have surgery? The last I saw, the doctors were trying to persuade her.

I like that she's a completely "real" person. I find some of her mannerisms annoying (just like people in my REAL life), but it seems to me that the show's production staff edit the clips to make her appear more "extreme" (and "extremes" of personality - even "extreme niceness" annoy the heck out of me, for some reason).

As a result, I tend not to watch her episodes from beginning to end - I channel surf during the episodes (but keep coming back). I'll watch the reruns this way too - so I may eventually see all of the episodes all the way through (just never all the way through in a single sitting).

I bet I couldn't watch MYSELF being taped that way, either (in fact, I'd probalby annoy myself far, far more than anyone else could).
  • I don't believe she had surgery. I know there was an episode where she went to a WLS office and had a consultation, but I believe she was too afraid to go through with it. I was annoyed by that episode because the office she went to did not present her with ALL of her surgical options
  • Not surprising Jill...DS is just not as popular with Drs and insurance companies. For whatever reason.

I have seen her show and I don't think she had surgery. She was trying to do it with diet and exercise. I like her because she's a sweet Southern girl trying to get through life. Good premise...different then most reality shows.

Angela
  • Quote: Not surprising Jill...DS is just not as popular with Drs and insurance companies. For whatever reason.
    Oh, don't I know it (though insurance companies are catching up - now they just need to catch on to the VSG, too!)! I just felt it was a disservice, from an ethical standpoint, to not present the treatment option that has the highest success rate for the SMO (BMI 50+).

But, I know, don't go to a Ford dealership if you want to learn about a Honda. It's just frustrating!