3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Plateau and Attitude change (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/188677-plateau-attitude-change.html)

JustWes 12-24-2009 02:29 PM

Plateau and Attitude change

It’s been a 15 month journey that has completely changed my life, physically (the 170lbs I've lost) emotionally (my divorce and intro into dating) and mentally (having to change the way I looked at myself and my behavior with food and everything else in my life).

I've hit plateau recently, which I know is totally normal, but it really bothered me, in fact enough for me to fall into some bad habit’s and to lose some of my focus. I’ve only had only one adjustment and I’m thinking of getting another soon. I had some foolish pride that I was doing on this partly on my own with willpower but I think I need a little help.

Initially my goal seemed a million miles away and that I just needed to stay the course which has worked to date. But with my recent plateau I need to step it up and quit talking about doing it and just do it. Hence the need to refocus while still celebrating reaching some of goals. Motivation always wanes over time, so I guess I need to press the “Motivation Reset Button”. I think I realized that I have to have just as many little goals (eating a good balanced meal or getting in extra time at the gym or sneaking in some exercise) as much as the big goals.

missangelaks 12-24-2009 02:49 PM

I hear yes, Wes! I hate plateaus :mad:...It is motivation and will power, yes...and maybe a fill. Try loading up on water, writing all your food down (mydailyplate.com is a great site for that) or changing your routine at the gym (switch machines, cardo...take a class you haven't tried, that sort of thing)

For me it was remembering that one can focus on one good meal at a time and viewing one bad choice as just that one...in the past, it's always lead to the "oh well, I blew it. I will start again tomorrow" and tomorrow would turn into a year of bad choices and loss of focus. Now though, I see it for what it is...I am human, I make mistakes...those mistakes do not have to define me as a person. I can join the human race, mistakes and all...with the knowledge that "I" am not a mistake!

Be kind to the one person that deserves all your best...that knows exactly what you need and when you need it, exactly what you want and how to get it, exactly where you're going and how to get there...YOU! and you can't go wrong.

Angela :hug:

TamiL 12-24-2009 07:58 PM

Plateaus happen to all of us and it is so hard to remained focused on your goal. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just refocus and begin again, you are so close to your goal right now. Look at what you have accomplished so far! You are doing great and will get to your goal. Keep the faith!

jiffypop 12-24-2009 09:33 PM

wes - could you send some of that attitude - that reset button thing - back east? please????

Leenie 12-24-2009 09:59 PM

Yeah... I'll even share a "reset" button with Jiffy. Lots of prayer and focus. You can do it Wes, your stronger then you think :hug: