3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Too Full, SO you still Upchuck?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/185662-too-full-so-you-still-upchuck.html)

annie175 11-02-2009 02:07 PM

Too Full, SO you still Upchuck??

I am almost 3 years out and still vomit on ocassion from getting too full or drinking water too fast after eating.

Does anyone have this that is 2-3 or more years out??

missangelaks 11-02-2009 02:13 PM

I'm 2 years out in Feb and yes, sometimes I do. it's one of the reasons why I don't recommend WLS to people...telling them it's a personal decision and I will support what ever decision they make...because it's a life long commitment to a difficult way of life. I still have to remember to Chew, watch my portions and wait to drink.

It's hard, I know, but for me, still worth it. :hug:

Angela

jiffypop 11-02-2009 02:31 PM

yep!!! in fact, when i went on a recent business trip, EVERY SINGLE MEAL for 3 days. i have no idea at all why this happened - maybe it was because i was not calm and relaxed -

Leenie 11-02-2009 02:33 PM

:yes:

GinaG 11-02-2009 02:38 PM

Wow that is amazing 2-3 years out and it's still behavior modification, I hope mine is still working that long. I mean I don't want to vomit but I also don't want to ever go back to the way I was.

Gelene 11-02-2009 03:11 PM

I have never thrown up, but I never have anyway since I was a little kid. What I do though, if I over eat the least bit I have a MAJOR dump. I mean, my heart races, cold sweat, labored breathing, blurred vision, shake, and feel so yucky and sick. I wish I would just throw up. I have to just go lay down and wait anywhere from 30-60 min. for it to pass. Oh by the way I am 6 yr. post-op LAP RNY.

annie175 11-02-2009 03:44 PM

Gelene.....what are your stats? Still good I hope. SW/CW/GW??

KO 11-02-2009 04:28 PM

I only threw up once and that was more a heave from Antacids
if I don't chew don't take my time tho it's not pleasant!

nanj 11-02-2009 04:29 PM

Yeppers!!! Chicken is bipolar and might or might not stay down. Bread balls up unless is is sopping wet or so coarse you can file your nails with it, I can puke quicker than grease through a goose. And......I'm a big piggy and try to swallow my food whole! Had a new one this week. I was drinking Crystal lite and swallowed a big gulp of air along with the lite and I wanted to kill myself. It hurt so bad, it took everything I had not to bawl. It finally went down, but man that hurt. Best thing I can do is go somewhere and walk it off, and try not to puke on my shoes!!! LOL!!!

jillybean720 11-03-2009 08:05 AM

I think it's all very individual. I have never thrown up since I left the hospital from my surgery.

jiffypop 11-03-2009 09:29 AM

and jilly - the fact that you had the DS so you still have your pyloric valve. and a larger stomach capacity.

DS has a lot going for it - and it's a great choice for many folks.

PS - still loving those collar bones in your pic!!!!!

nanj 11-03-2009 01:55 PM

Jilly, I'm so glad you are having a good DS. A couple of sites I go to all I hear are the cons of RNY and DS and major fighting about it. You are doing so good and love that and you are a big help for those who chose the DS!!!!

jillybean720 11-03-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiffypop (Post 2998517)
and jilly - the fact that you had the DS so you still have your pyloric valve. and a larger stomach capacity.

DS has a lot going for it - and it's a great choice for many folks.

PS - still loving those collar bones in your pic!!!!!

heh, I'm enjoying the collar bones, too! Thanks!

I know there are some DSers and VSGers who also vomit from too much food, so it's not just an RNY or band issue. In fact, I would imagine not having a pyloric valve should help REDUCE incidence of vomitting, I would think, since food can exit the stomach pouch quicker (but that's just my conclusion - nothing to back that up with!).

Gelene 11-03-2009 05:07 PM

annie175
I had surgery weighing 400#. Lost 167# the first year. Had two babies over the past (going on) 5 years. I am now back up to 300# I was so scared a few months ago that I had ruined my pouch. Then I found (thank heaven) the 5DPT. I had lost track of taking care of me, I was only eating twice a day and not even close to what I should be. I was getting around maybe 40g. of protein a day(maybe). In the last month and a half however, I have done the 5DPT and have reclaimed my tool. In oct. just by putting it to use I have dropped 12#. I am living breathing proof that IT WORKS. If I could get one thing across to everyone with this tool it is that I had forgotten for too long. It's a TOOL. Use it and use it right. And it will do the same for you.:carrot:
Oh... and my goal, which I will reach, is 165#.

annie175 11-04-2009 08:54 AM

Good for you Gelene. I love amazing stories like yours, may the force be with you always....

Hugs