Pre-Op Food Frenzy!

• Hi All,

I am 2 weeks before I start my pre-op diet and I am really struggling not to overeat every day. There must be a name for this period when you keep thinking well, this will be the last time I get to eat this (at least more than a few mouthfuls) so I will let myself have it. It doesn't help that I am nervous about the operation so I want to comfort eat.

So far, I haven't gained weight and I know that soon I will be starting the pre-op diet so I am just trying to keep it sane.

How did y'all get through this "Last Supper" period?
    Thanks for your support.
    Pennie
  • When is your surgery?
    Mine is Nov. 20th and I haven't really thought about it but I'm doing more grazing myself. I hadn't put the 2 together but maybe I'm thinking the same thing.
    I do know I'm dreading my 1 week liquid pre-surgery diet.
    mgf~
  • Cat, honey. this last supper thing is SOOO common. but please take a deep breath. and keep telling yourself that this is NOT a forever-goodbye to your favorites. it's a 'see you later' sort of thing. after awhile, you will be able to eat EVERYTHING - but that 'awhile' is measured in weeks and months, not in days.

focus on living a new life, on trying different ways to get through the day - or even - dare i say it - take a walk?????

take up a craft or some activity that'll keep your hands busy. this is a good time to look at your eating triggers and to figure out a different way to deal with them.

honey - you can do this. honest! and what you're feeling is absolutely something that all of us have been through.
  • I picked back up my crochet hook and found some yarn. Even found a couple of cute scarf patterns online to work up. I pray that helps me get thru......Busy hands.
    mgf~