Less than a week!

• one week from today I will wake up in the hospital on the losers bench! OMG!

My surgery is 9/22 and I'm very excited. I swear 4 weeks ago I never thought this day would get here.... of course 4 weeks ago I was sitting in the hospital with DH who had just had surgery.

hubby is doing well he's 4 weeks out. I don't think he's eating or drinking enough and clearly he's in a stall. but there is only so much I can do. He's healed nicely and is fairly compliant with food types and textures... he hates protein shakes. we have compromised and he has sf hot chocolate made with milk (10 g protein) on his ride in to work... he gets tuna for lunch and egg salad for breakfast. he's light on fruits and veggies too... ugh.
  • Good luck, Nessa! I can feel your excitement and hope it all goes well.

I'm glad to hear Brian is doing ok.
  • WOW!!! on one hand, the time has FLOWN by, but on the other, it seems like the surgery should BE here! but it sounds like you're doing great - hubby's gotta be responsible for his own stuff - hope he figures it out!!

it took me awhile to get into the fruit and veggies -for the first little while, it'd just be a couple of bites of something like cucumbers or tomatoes. and fruit didn't happen for quite awhile - like 3 months or so. as long as he's on the right path, he'll be fine.
  • LadyB: I'm so excited for you! DH.....they are such pains in the neck, but you have to love them anyway because you just can't kill them!!! LOL!!! My DH has been on low-carb for over a year and a lot of portion control. The other day, I saw his plate heaped with white potatoes, spelt beef and noodles, and a piece of butter whole grain bread........I looked at his plate and then at him and he said, "What, not the wisest choice?!?!?" I told him I'm not his babysitter and that he has been at this low-carb lifestyle long enough to know what he has to do. And I reminded him that he hated taking the statin drugs because they just about killed his legs! I know the feeling your DH has about the protein drinks!!! Only thing I can tolerate now is something fruity tasting and if I accidently get a whiff, it is going to be a long, long, sipping session! We'll be waiting to hear from you.
  • NESSA!! so excited for you! It's all coming together!!
  • OMG it'll be over b/4 you know it.. yeah !!
  • 5 more days.... I can't wait. thanks everyone!
  • I did gastric banding on Monday. So far I am feeling OK. Still a little sore but walking and moving fine. Bending and stretching are limited and I get tired easily. I'm eating soft mushy type foods since Friday. When I started the pre band diet I was 213 and now I'm 196.5. What are other people's first week experiences?
  • well i gained. but then i'm on steroids due to an allergic reaction to steri strips.

had I not had the allergy I probably would have gone back to work yesterday at 6 days out.
  • Congratulations....How are you feeling?