If you're wondering where I went for a bit

• pre and slightly post vacay I fell into a vat of sugar
    Doc has me scheduled for a fasting Glucose tolerance test
    SO I'm workign on rocking the complex carbs so I don't have my sugars swing like a possessed pendulum
    Beans anyone?
  • Good luck and study hard so you can pass the test

• <you have a sick sense of humor, leenie - that's why you're THE BEST!!!!>

KO!!!! what in heavens name got into you [other than sugar]???!!! this isn't like you!!!!
  • LOL
    Work and Some organizations I belong too have been stressing the heck out of me My eating has been Sh!t and I wasn't supporting my own healthy lifestyle so I kinda felt hypocritical giving input to others
    It hasn't been great today however I did give away a bag of "Funsize snickers"
    Peapodded the groceries with some healthy eats proteins and good carbs
    My poor DH is going to be blown out of the house by gas
    Chili?
    Black bean soup?
    Sausage and white bean stew
    Tuna and white beans
    Turkey white bean pesto mini loaf?
    Just Call me Tootie!
  • Hey Tootie!!! lol We went camping this weekend and the very last morning we had to clean up some left overs before packing up. WOW! I'm learning that my family and I have a very low tolerance for CARBS. I've been keeping a very close log of what and when and why I've been eating and have had some terrible bouts of well......gas and diarrhea. I beginning to understand that if I cheat with carbs even a little bit, me and my family are really, really going to suffer. It gets a cycle going that will go on for a few days. I don't suppose that having diverticulis helps any. So, how am I trying to break the cycle? I had gotten the Food Lover's Choice for my daughter and I'm trying to balance my fast carbs, slow carbs, and proteins, so that I can have a more nutritional well-rounded meals without painful gastric side affects. Protein first, carbs second, that will remain my rule, but carbs that go directly into my system at warp speed, NO. And when I do so, I will suffer. Now at that a kick in the head! LOL!
  • Awww Tootie I feel for yah, just think of it as learning a second language lol.

Have your DH watch the scene from Blazing Saddles where they are all sitting around the campfire eating beans.. he'll get the hint lol.

Good luck hon
  • tell you all 1 thing
    Huevos Rancheros Salad for breakfast (2 hb eggs 1/4 cup Black beans w/seasoning and 2 tbs salsa
    and another half cup of BB with my lunch
    NO swings!
    I did make a complex carb trail mix which was my am snack
    1/3 cup TJS High Fiber 2tbs Raisins and 2 tbsp cocoa roasted cashews
    this is the First Day I've felt normal (ok as normal as I can feel!) in months!
    Perhaps I can start a circus side show?
    Now all I need is a flame thrower!!!
  • Wow KO I understand exactly what you are going through. Sometimes I feel like I am going crazy wanting carbs and struggling not to totally give into to them. I have been trying to pay attention to how foods register on the gylcemic index because I literarlly go into a carb coma if I eat something that enters my blood stream too quickly. I noticed that some fruit sends me on a carb benge like you wouldn't believe. Good look getting back on track.
  • Hey Worthy:
    My doc has me scheduled for a fasting glucose test along with a fresh round of blood work that should tell me if I have the reactive Hypoglycemia Which would explain a lot of my cookie monster tendencies!
    he said I can control it with food if that is what it is
    and I will say that I have felt much better since including more good carbs a la south beach style eating
  • Please keep us posted on how you are doing.