Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #16  
Excited about my new life

S/C/G: 348/256/190

Height: 5'8"

I am one who felt that I should keep the details of how I lost weight to myself. I used to just tell people that I utilized the wellness program at work to jump start my loss or I would say working out and using a few alternative methods to assist my weight loss. After some people thought I was sick and seemed concerned or like other people struggling to lose weight asked, I told as I was comfortable. It's pretty obvious now, people don't recognize me after 120 pounds, I am much more open. Believe me I still don't always tell, I don't always want to answer all the questions.
worthylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 275/198/175

Thanks so much AAAA n Kim for your honest and heartfelt response. U made some very good points that support my personal choice of keepin it quiet. I hate thinkin I gotta lie but thinkin of the most plausible. GB surgery would be plausible. Kim , like u have i been on the weight loss rollercoaster in the public eye (at work 78 staff members, plus my 800 students, their parents, etc) teachn high school and all well documented every year in the yearbook no less!
mexico was an option since I live drivin distance to the border but opted for a local surgeon in my state. Please keep us posted on ur experience. Thank u all again for ur insight
DesertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 275/198/175

Worthylady...I can see me doing that...changin my mind later on dependin on the specific situation...particularly if it were someone struggling with their weight like me. I definately see ur point.
DesertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote