5 Day Pouch Test Day 1-5

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Last night I had 1/3 cup of Channa (chick pea) Masala about 3 pieces of paneer and sauce. soo good.
    Today My breakfast deviated from the plan b/c I really need to go to the bathroom
    so 2/3 cup Trader Joes high Fiber Cereal and 1/4 cup raisins. . .basically I'm waiting to dump.
    after that back to the small portions I just can't go without veggies for 5 days!
  • Can you drink veggie juice during that time or prune (may be to sugary?) ?
  • Probably not prune but I think veggie you can also have bean soups
    but DH isn't on the bean soup wagon unless it's cold out so i didn't make any
    Her site is very informative and there's pages of FAQ

even before Surg I had a lot of problems going to the bathroom so it could just be me
    My major benefit from this so far
    (and I'm not giving up I just had a bowl of high fibr cereal to move things along)
    is not drinking with meals
    and eating a considerably smaller portion
    I think b/c the TJ's cereal has natural sugar and not aspartame I'm not having my bread fixation
  • I'm doing the 5 day starting tomorrow.. wish me luck !!!

KO, what do you think about it all now that its done and over and your a few days into normalcy ?

• Good Luck Leens!
    I think if I do it again, I'll do 1 day of shakes adn allow for more veggies (and make the bean soups)
    Tomorrow I'm goign to see my surgeon b/c of my wierd sugar thign that's happening.
    the only problem I encountered from this is due to the lack of veggies
    I couldn't go to the bathroom and am now slowly bringing the swelling down on my legs.
    a couple days of minute muffins and protein coffee for breakfast is startign to work.
    The cereal didn't do jack!
  • Good advice KO. And thanks for the Good Luck !! I'll need it. I almost took a bite of my dd's pancake this morning LOL.. old habits

So far so good.
  • I was thinking about being back in "normal" eating mode. and I will say I had some food backlash mentally
    meaning oh I couldn't eat this before so lets have it now.
  • Thats where it all starts... but its good to be aware of it thats for sure.

Day 2 - going good so far
  • So far so good...its hard but my body feels good. I'm eating soft food today

• Well that was interesting haaaaaaaa hard too, but I do feel pretty good. I don't thin 5 days was enuf to shrink the pouch but it put a tick in my ear and I know what I need to do

• I'm doing the 5 day test to help get me back on track and to see if I need a fill. I'm on day 3 and I want to say the same thing as Leenie did:
    "So far so good...its hard but my body feels good. I'm eating soft food today!"
  • Day 4 and I'm eating firm protein. YUM!

I have discovered that I need a little fill in my band. I'm glad I did this test. I think I'll start each month off with it to see where I am and help keep me on track with my food choices.
  • would love to have recipes for some of your protein shakes
    Quote: I figured I'd Post the Pouch Test Experience for a Step By Step (or indeed sip by sip) account in case anyone wants to try it
    I'm on Day 1
    Had 1/2 cup of 1% Milk with my vities
    20 oz coffee with whole Milk (from the fluffly coffee place next door) and 2 scoops of isopure for Breakfast
    I'm sipping on my 5 cup bottle of watery iced tea I can't do straight water
    I brought baggies with 2 scoops of isopure each in them and 2 snapple bottles with 8-10 oz of Crystal light sunrise.
    and a 5.5 oz can of v8 in case I get the woozies
    So far not hungry a little burpy and feelign my legs start to unswell.

This scale this AM read 146 and my ankles are the size of Navel Oranges.
    I took My Time Sipping My Creamsicle Protein shake and found myself a bit overfull on 10-12 oz of Crystal light and 2 scoops isopure

its about 2:17 pm in a relatively high pressure day Normally I'd be eating something now and be darn hungry for it so far I'm not and I'm holding off on Shake #3 until my body asks for it
    Quote: Last Night I got home and made a PB protein shake
    which I ate 2/3 of (I just added 2 tbsp PB to my normal Vanilla)

Later last night I made 3 oz of Tuna with a tbsp of LF Mayo b/c I got really weak and was kinda scary foggy
    (I think if I took the time to make her carby soups I would not hav had this happen)
    I'm down 3 pounds today (Think from Legs unswelling) and my pouch is definitely more sensitive so Little sips and bites today!
    I would love to have your recipe for your creamsicle and PB protein shakes. I am going to try the % day pouch test and the only protein shakes recipes I have contain fruit which is not low carb . Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.
  • It's so great to read your day-by-day, KO!!

I plan to do the 5DPT soon but need to go to the store to load up on supplies first. Until then, I've been doing Days 3-5 in a rather loose way but working to get in the habit of holding off on my water for 30 minutes prior and 30-45 minutes after. It was truly a big challenge to make that adjustment but it has gotten easier in the past 48 hours. And it really does make the difference in the level & duration of any hunger pangs that come along.

Anyone else who has or is currently doing the 5DPT, I would love to hear from you. When I officially kick off my 5DPT, I'll do my best to post progress reports.
  • Bee I just want to say make sure you have the more solid liquids stuff that has staying power. You don't want blood sugar swings