3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   WLS Patient Personal Info (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/18016-wls-patient-personal-info.html)

wikkki 07-11-2002 01:15 PM

hey there keebler!!!

Geographical location: Alabama

Marital Status: Happy (single)

Children/Ages: 1 - male - 15 going on 30

Pets: Gator Hawg Dawg (big ole yeller lab), Rosie Frawg Dawg (cocker/shitzu/lhasa mix), Smokie the Stupid (husky/lab mix), Sassy Marie (gray and white long hair cat - can't meow), Gateway (black and white spotted cat - explains the name, huh) and Lil-Bit (very tiny sealpoint cat)

Hobbies/Interests: Painting children's furniture (anything artsy), gardening, walking, home improvement (not really an interest - just an necessity)

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blonde/Green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/9/02

Starting Weight: 321

Present Weight: 280

Goal Weight: 150-170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Drinking the water and getting in enough protein.

Following any specific plan: WLS

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: So far this one actually works!

Anything else you would like to share with us: My personal goal is to lose 100 pounds total by Christmas. That should put me in a size 18/20. So far 41 pounds down in 2 months - I think I can do it.

E-mail: [email protected]

jiffypop 07-11-2002 08:41 PM

wikki thank you so much for starting this!

Geographical location: northern new jersey

Marital Status: never married

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: medical writer and editor; currently Editorial Director of a company that does continuing medical education for MDs

Pets: a spoiled black cat

Hobbies/Interests: music, needlework, reading, swimming, hiking, birding

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/dark brown

Date of Surgery: January 29, 2002

Type of Surgery: Roux en Y gastric bypass

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: high school!!!!

Starting Weight: highest weight ever recorded: 506 in august, 2001

Weight at surgery: 409

Present Weight: 239 [down 267 since aug/sept 2001]

Goal Weight: 180 or so, although some docs think i should stop at around 200, but one doc wants me down at 150. we'll see!!!!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in managing after WLS: currently having trouble maintaining exercise and stamina

Anything else you would like to share with us:

i had the surgery not only because i was near death [really... a 5 week hospital stay plus 3 weeks in a nursing home learning how to walk again. it was awful!!], but also because i don't want to regain the weight!!

debkay 07-13-2002 11:56 AM

name: Debbie

location: Snellville, GA ('burb of Atlanta) I'm actually from the Northern Virginia area, we have lived in Ga for almost 10 years

marital status: married 22 years on Friday July 19th

children/ages: Michael 21, Joey 20 in September, and my baby girl Laura 16

pets: Charley, 3 year old mixed breed, my son adopted him from the pound, and Bubba our 9 year old long haired redneck cat.

Hobbies/Interests: I like to cross stitch, read, and when my weight is more under control I will garden. I'm a die hard Washington Redskins fan and I just love the Atlanta Braves!!

Height: Almost 5' 5"

eye/hair color: brown eyes, and highlighted hair

starting date of weightloss journey: my surgery was January 14th 2002.

starting weight: all time high was 360

present weight: 215

goal weight: not sure, when I walked down the aisle I weighed 200 pounds, I looked and felt good at that weight, but my surgeon says I will probably end up around 175.

anything else you would like to share with us: even tho I had severe complications from the surgery, I can now say it was worth it.

ageoldie 07-13-2002 07:00 PM

I dedided to jump in here with a combination of info on me and my DH ALvin. He's the one who had the actual surgery, but I have the "living with it" job.

name: Barbara (Alvin)

marital status: married 36 years in Jan.

children/ages: Michael 35, Mark 34, and one grandson Nathan age 4 (he's Mike's)

occupation: We own a business that sells parts for Mustangs. Our website is www.ageclassic.com

pets: We have 2 cats at home Odie and Oliver, and 2 cats at work Blacky and Smokey

Hobbies/Interests: We both like antiques, are involved in our Church, and love horsesracing. Myself personally, I consider my hobbies as weight loss and nutrition, needlework crafts, AVON and reading

Height: Almost 5' 6" for me 6'2" for Alvin

eye/hair color: brown eyes, and highlighted hair for me, brown hair , red hair gone dark for Alvin

starting date of weightloss journey: His surgery was April 19th 2002. and I started anew on 5/1/02

starting weight: on day of surgery his weight was 577. My previous weight that was "Official" was 293 for my pre-op exam for my knee replacement surgery on 2/1/02

present weight: his about 475, mine 263 as of Tuesday (on the same doctors scales as the 293)

goal weight: His is 250, mine is about 156

anything else you would like to share with us: Just that it's as difficult for the "caregiver" for the WLS patient as it is for the patient.(except I don't throw up
:smug: :smug:

Dawnajoy 08-20-2002 01:13 AM

NAME: Dawna

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

CHILDREN: 17-year-old boy, 14-year-old girl, 12-year-old boy

PETS: 1-year-old black lab

HEIGHT: 5'4"

PREOP WEIGHT: 324

SURGERY DATE: 04/20/01

TYPE OF WLS: Duodenal switch

PRESENT WEIGHT: 170ish

THOUGHTS: I would have WLS again in a heartbeat. It is by far the best thing I ever did for myself. I am committed to exercise, vitamin supplementation and proper eating (healthy eating for DS postops). I am determined not to live my life as a smaller obese person but to really take the gift I have been given, and do the things I couldn't before. I feel re-born.

MissMew 08-20-2002 11:12 AM

Thoughht I'd introduce myself here even though I am still pre-op...

My name is Tammy, I am almost 31 years old (next month), married to a really great guy...we have two young boys (5 1/2 and 3) and live in Canada.

I am currently waiting for my first consultation with two different surgeons. Thie first surgeon does RNY, and my appt with him is Dec 2. The other surgeon does DS (which I'd prefer), and I am waiting for them to call with my first consult appointment...they book your consult and pre-op testing all on the same day if you are travelling a long distance (3-4 hours for me), so that is why I am waiting for this appointment. Most likely I will go with the second doctor, as his waiting times are a bit shorter...I am guestimating my consult will be in November and surgery around March...again, it is hard to say as many people have been trying to get in with this doctor recently. He had been "unheard of" until late, he was trying to keep quiet until he was able to change his practice to do only WLS, so many people didn't know about him.

Anyways, I can't wait to be on the other side. I want to be healthy again, to stop having so many problems related to my weight, to be able to exercise and run after my kids...well, you know all those reasons.
;)

DreamSmall 08-20-2002 02:14 PM

Geographical location: Pennsylvania

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2 boys ... 3 years and 10 years

Pets: A lab named Charlie, a pug named Mugsy, a cat named Slash and our most recent addition ... a small plastic aquarium of Sea Monkeys of which I have only named 2... Bruno and Chloe.

Hobbies/Interests: Writing in my journal, crafts, cross stitch and walking.

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark Brown

Type and date of WLS: Laproscopic Roux en Y performed on 2-19-2001

Starting Weight: 295

Present Weight: 187

Goal Weight: 160-170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting in protein and battling with Fat Debbie(she's the piece of me that wants to stay fat because it keeps us from dealing with real issues)

Following any specific plan: WLS, 1100 -1300 calories and walking daily... 5 miles at a pace of 4.5 MPH.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: WLS definitely made things easier in the beginning and this time I have actually learned about myself and am making serious life changes.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My personal goals are to reach and maintain my goal weight while eating relatively normal and I want to be able to walk at a pace of 5 MPH which is 12 minutes a mile and right now I can only do a 13.4 minute mile. This surgery has been the best (physically) and the worse (mentally and emotionally) thing that I have ever done. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

csbutton 12-11-2002 12:24 PM

Geographical location: Washington

Marital Status: Married (11 years)

Children/Ages: Son-9yo, Son-6yo, Daughter 4-yo

Occupation: Web Designer, SAHM/WAHM, cheif cook and bottle washer

Pets: 1 Cat, calico and persian mix...

Hobbies/Interests: My family, community theatre (yes I can dance act and sing) Playing piano, working on my house

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Surgery date 12-18-02

Starting Weight: 262 was my heaviest (before surgery)

Present Weight: 223

Goal Weight: 150 (or even a size 14)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: So far it's battling my will power (which is why I choose the Lap-Band, to help with this battle)

Following any specific plan: Lap-Band Surgery on Dec 8, 2002

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Perhaps because I am making a HUGE decisions not follow a fad diet but to do something more semi-permanent

Anything else you would like to share with us: I just want to be one of the 'normal sized' people. Not too thin, a size 14 would be nice.

AmyLyn 12-12-2002 10:51 AM

Geographical location: Connecticut

Marital Status: Happily Married

Children/Ages: None Yet

Pets: four annoying cats

Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking, Photography

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Light Brown/Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 08/07/02

Starting Weight: 308

Present Weight: 231

Goal Weight: 140ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Protein, Protein, Protein

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am actually consistently loosing!

Anything else you would like to share with us: My personal goal originally was to loose 100 pounds by my DisneyWorld trip in January. I am at 231 now, so not sure I will make it, but still trying hard! :)

jburress 12-14-2002 09:04 AM

Geographical Location: South Central Kentucky

Marital Status: Very happily married

Children: Shelly - 10 year old Sheltland Sheepdog, Mulloy - 4 Year old Sheltland Sheepdog, Rose P. Budd - 2 year old Maine Coon Cat

Hobbies: Sewing, Embroidery, Scrapbooking, cooking, reading, spending time with my husband and babies

Height: 5'6"

Hair/Eye Color: Colored enhanced Brown w/artifical grey roots/ Brown

Starting Date of Present Weight loss journey: December 10, 2002

Starting Weight: 262

Present Weight: 262

Goal Weight: 145

I have just begun my WLS journey. I went to an Introductory Seminar on 12/10/02. I have an appointment for a consultation on 12/31/02.

Haziefrog 01-24-2003 06:16 AM

location: McDonough, Ga, but originally born and raised in Central America (Panama)!!

Marital Status: Married 8 years to a Wonderful man!!

Children/Ages: 4 sons, I am the Queen of my castle!!!
Matt 15, Chris 7, Jacob 2, Andrew 1!!!!!

Pets: Chi-chi our 4 pound chihuahua princess and Miss Piggy our Guinea pig (see the trend I live with all males except our pets)I have to add our new baby pig her name is Piggy!!!!!

Hobbies/Interests: Anything outdoors, candy making, baking,

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/was brown now brown and gray

Date of Surgery: Febuary 5th 2003

Type of Surgery: Lap Roux en Y gastric bypass

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 2002

Starting Weight: highest weight ever recorded: 325, August 2002

Weight at surgery: 282

Present Weight: 199

Goal Weight:140, anything under 200 would be great but the charts say 126!!!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in managing after WLS: Don't know not there yet!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: can't think it is too early in the am!!

loranden 04-09-2003 02:53 PM

Geographical location: McKeesport, PA (13 miles SE of Pittsburgh)

Marital Status: Single and love it!

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Two domestic shorthair cats that I took in as strays: Tigger, age 5, a Bengal/Ocicat/tabby mix, and Noah, 3, an orange/white tabby. They even have their own website

Hobbies/Interests: Drawing and painting, theater, ballet, classical and oldies music, collecting cat-themed artifacts, TICA and CFA cat shows, volunteering at animal shelters, reading non-fiction and classic fiction works, classic movies, watching football and NASCAR

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown (front and sides frosted blond)/Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/1/03

Starting Weight: 351

Present Weight: 329

Goal Weight: 195 (for the moment)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Restricting the fat intake and cutting down the sugar, but I am managing :)

Following any specific plan: 1500 calorie plan recommended by the American Diabetes Association; I have also made an appointment with a bariatric surgeon for 8/25/03

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Finding this forum

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have more energy and my knees don't hurt as much and aren't as stiff as they were!

E-mail:[email protected]

clearancequeenie 06-15-2003 10:46 AM

Re: WLS Patient Personal Info

Real name Cathie

geographic location Georgia

Age 38:o

marital status.. Married 16 yrs to a career navy guy..:s:

Children 3 boys.. Joshua 15, Tyler 12 and Austin 8

Occupation .. Stay at home mom and Navy wife.. going to look for employment after summer though..

Pets 2 dogs.. Bailey a 1 yr old Boston Terrier and she is a Mess.. And a weiner dog/Rottie mix.. named Stubby. He looks like a weiner dog on steriods.

Hobbies, collecting bear figurines, water aerobics, clearanceshopping hence the name LOL>..

Height 5foot 3 inches

Hair dark brown/blackish

Starting date of weight loss journey 9/3/02

Weight loss surgery date 3/17/03

Starting weight 251 ( highest weight 256)

Present weight 205

Goal weight 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss HEAD HUNGER, and getting enough water

Following any specific plan: Following the plan the surgeon gave me.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am actually loosing weight . The scale is going down not up LOL

Anything else you would like to share with us: I just wanted to say this surgery has changed my life. I had my first normal cardio appt in 10 yrs.. I hope to make my goal weight by Christmas but if I dont thats ok.. I went from a size 24/26 to a 16/18 and loving life now:cb:

Tiffany123 06-21-2003 10:16 PM

Adding my profile as well!

Geographical location: Illinois

Marital Status: Married since 1/03

Children/Ages: 15 year old daughter, 15 year old step-daughter and a 9 year old step daughter!

Pets: Tazz, a somewhat prissy male Pomeranian.

Hobbies/Interests: Baking, reading, travel, internet.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue Eyes, Brown Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/18/03

Starting Weight: 283

Present Weight: 283 (Just getting started)

Goal Weight: 150-170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I anticipate it will be drinking the water and getting in enough protein.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am committed to making this work. I will not have another failure.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am so glad to have found a place to talk with friends who understand what I am and will be going through. Thank you all.

Jehari 07-19-2003 04:39 PM

Marital Status: Married 10 happy years

Children/Ages: 8 yr old son, 4 yr old daughter, 30 yr old husband

Pets: None

Interests: Reading, Writing, Movies, Outdoors

Height: 5'5"ish

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/ Blonde (Clairol #98 LOL)

Start date of Weightloss Journey: The beginning of time

Surgery Date: July 1st, 2003

Start Weight: 256

Current Weight: 231

Goal Weight: 145-150

Biggest Hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Learning new eating habits like eating slower and chewing thoroughly. Also getting in
enough protien, water, and vitamins.

Following specific Plan: WLS/ High protien-Low Carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've had enough dieting. I need to adopt a healthier lifestyle for myself and my children and I felt WLS was the last resort, as well as a good tool to accomplish my goal.

Best wishes to everyone!!
Jen
:wave: