Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 08-25-2009, 10:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5.5"

Exclamation Only 2 things left to do.......

and now I'm getting cold feet!
I am starting to question.......can I actually go a week without food? Have to cut out my sodas, sugar, the way smaller portions and those protein drinks? No straws, small bites, chew chew chew?
I know it can be done because all of y'all have done it or are doing it....but ME?? Can I actually do it for ME??

I have 2 things left to do prior to getting approved.....the cardiac stress test and the sleep study...neither of which are difficult but both I need to do.

I'm actually not afraid of surgery..what is getting me is all the other stuff that it involves.

I need someone to point out all the positives to me so I stop dwelling on the negatives.

help~
mgf~
MyGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

if my husband who is a week out, can do this so can you.

truth is you have to want it.
do you want it?
if you want it you can do it.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

Friday -

WOW. well. hmmm. first of all, we've ALL had those thoughts. from now on, it's mostly about ATTITUDE - if you WANT this to work [REALLY want it to work!] you'll figure out a way [assuming everything goes smoothly without complications]

another thing i found helpful was that i focused on the NEW START rather than the 'OMG, i'm losing everything' aspect of this. my surgeon PROMISED me i'd be able to have everything back again - not for a year or so, but i WOULD be able to enjoy chocolate again.

he was right.

so, i figured i could survive ANYTHING. the first three months were hard. but they were ONLY three months out of my life. the next few months were a bit easier [except for that blockage, but that's another story - and it was caused by MY EATING HABITS not by the surgery]. and so on.

and now, that CHEW CHEW CHEW thing is second nature.

it's all about taking it day by day, taking care of THAT DAY, and not worrying about the next. it's a journey - not a race. and it's a wonderful gift, in some ways - not a punishment.

after all, how many people have a chance to re-set everything they ever learned about eating and food and to start off developing a new way of life??? it sure helped ME - the old way wasn't working AT ALL.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Can I do it?! Yes, I can!? I was where you were at a couple of years ago, and I was a mess! Could I give up my best friend food, what if I failed, what if, what if...... Here is something else to think about....can you afford not to do it?! What are the alternatives if you don't do it? Go back and look at some of us newbie's first posts and you will see the same questions and feelings that you are having now. And then look at some of their recent posts. YES YOU CAN!

Last edited by nanj; 08-26-2009 at 01:37 PM.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

You can do it! It's work But YOU ARE WORTH IT!!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5.5"

Thanks for all of the encouraging words!
mgf~
MyGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote