Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Angry The last 12 lbs...

I'm so frustrated...I exercise, I drink a ton of water, I eat well and in small amounts...and nothing.

Maybe there is a genetic componant. There's the case of my Grandmother...the Doctor told her that she HAD to lose weight...she was lawful about it and went to 900 cals a day..and NOTHING! So she went to 600 cals and still nothing! Then she gave up...thought, I'm 65and I'm done dieting...went up to 1200 a day and lost all the weight!!

But still...I'm not going to use that as an excuse...I'm at the loss!
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I haven't had weight Loss surgery, but I can certainly relate to the last small amount to lose! I have been struggling with the last 5 pounds but I can honestly say that this week the reason for no loss was purely MY fault. I gained a pound last week for no apparent reason followed by another week of no loss because I was feeling sorry for myself and treated myself one too many times. So far this week I've been kicking butt and hoping to show a loss for Friday. I just can't let it get me down. I know I feel Terrific, and according to several people today at church, I must look pretty darn good...so I will keep on trucking, and I hope you will too. That darn scale sometimes can cause major depression, when our accomplishments have been far from menial. Chin up chickie. We will reach our goals and then some, and we have already won!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

You'll get there hon, I know you can do it. I remember being so close to goal and my body just loving where it was. Give yourself some time, it'll come off.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: (324/238/175) New 310/310/200

Height: 5'5"

Default So Sorry!

If I were in your position, which I hope to be someday, I would tell myself it's the extra skin that's the weight that won't budge and consider myself at goal!

I'll need a sugar daddy to pay for plastic surgery.

So, anyway, congratulations to you! You are an awesome loser and an inspiration to us all!

merryterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ang. . .We're the little Engines that could!! I think I can I think I can I think I can.
Now I'm going to go chug some crystal light and ponder vegation or WAtP
KO is offline   Reply With Quote